Author: chinanumber1

New Zealand is hell for Chinese people   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-1-19 14:16:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ielts2u at 2011-1-19 13:26
Hi Chinanum...,
Well, I don't know about that. I think (having lived in New Zealand) that there seem to have been large numbers of Chinese, HK, Korean and Taiwanese migrants since the 1990's compa ...

Some of my uncle's friends who went to study in New Zealand in the 1970s report that New Zealand was always just as racist towards Chinese people,  even back 35 years ago when there were hardly any Chinese migrants in New Zealand.

I guess that it must have been hell for you to live in New Zealand.   

When did you manage to get out of New Zealand?   Was there many psychological scars left over from the horrific racial discrimination you experienced in New Zealand?   

You will carry those psychological scars all your life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-19 17:08:30 |Display all floors

Blacks in China

Let’s talk racism.  So are the Blacks welcome with open arms by Chinese in China?  Chinese discriminate
against the Blacks in China.  Everybody knows that.  You are living in a glass house so stopping throwing
stones!  
Watch your thoughts, for they become words.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-19 18:50:55 |Display all floors
K: "I guess that it must have been hell for you to live in New Zealand.   
When did you manage to get out of New Zealand?   Was there many psychological scars left over from the horrific racial discrimination you experienced in New Zealand?  "

No. I loved NZ and would buy a house there if I had the money. Beautiful place, great lifestyle and wonderful people. There are idiots there, just like in China, and in Australia (my country), but they are few and far between.

I know a few HK boys (15 years old) who after initially hating it, had the time of their lives in NZ. I guess it depends on who you meet :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-19 18:54:07 |Display all floors
K: "I guess that it must have been hell for you to live in New Zealand.   
When did you manage to get out of New Zealand?   Was there many psychological scars left over from the horrific racial discrimination you experienced in New Zealand? "

No. I loved it. Beautiful place, great lifestyle, and wonderful people. There are idiots there, just like China and Australia (my country) but they are few and far between.

I know a few HK boys (15 years old) who, after initially hating it, had the time of their lives there. I guess it depends who you meet :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-19 18:57:35 |Display all floors
I loved NZ. Beautiful place, great lifestyle and wonderful people. There are some fools, just as there are in China or Australia (my country), but they are few and far between.

I taught around 50 HK students, and only one had a bad experience there. I guess many of them experienced racism, but their life in NZ was great for them. I think HK people are usually pretty blunt about their feelings, so I think that was the truth.

[ Last edited by ielts2u at 2011-1-19 07:02 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-19 19:01:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ielts2u at 2011-1-19 18:57
I loved NZ. Beautiful place, great lifestyle and wonderful people. There are some fools, just as there are in China or Australia (my country).

So on psychological scaring then?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-19 19:02:41 |Display all floors
I am wary of sheep...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.