- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 3186 Hour
- Reading permission
Let's look at how "Modern World" look similar
.........to "Ancient China" civilization!|
Let's start with agricultural practises!
While we can still see "stone age agricultural practises" persist in the globe, China was way ahead in the ancient times!
Let's look at the stages of man in agriculture!
(1) Slash and Burn method - presently we see this in the non volcanic islands of South East Asia, and in Africa!
The reason for this is the lack of fertility after 3 years of continuous cropping!
(2) People living in "Volcanic activity" sites - and "Annual Flood" river Valley prosper, as continuous cropping was possible due to renewal of top soil by the Volcanic activity or Top soil deposits by River Water carrying up river erosions!
This is how many ancient civilization grew, with settlements!
Ancient Civilization such as the NILE, EUPHRATES, JAVA, MAYAN, AZTEC, NIGER, INDUS, BRAHMA, GANGES, ROME, GREECE and of course the most famous, CHINA!
(3) Certain great civilization grew either by WARS, like the Roman Empire, while other grew from CULTURAL, TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS.
This is where the GIANTS OF CIVILIZATION are differentiated from other upstarts!
Irrigation system was developed in many ancient civilization.
This require organization skills of a state!
(4) Further, certain state managed to develop "Crop Rotation" to protect it's annual crop output!
(5) China probably managed to "innovate the most advanced system", with use of "fertilizers" - night soil from it's humansettlement - basically sendiments from the sewage aeration ponds! (many still can be seen in rural China!)
The Europeans - basically post 1700's, after their adventurers came back with stories of wondrous foreign civilization, managed to create synthetic fertilizers, develop Soil Chemistry and today's Genetics!