Author: greendragon

Will Singapore build the first UAV aircraft carrier? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-12-7 13:19:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2010-12-6 13:59
Singapore's 10 year military budget is about US$100 billion!

and the mini satellite only cost US$40 million to build and launch!
it will be cheaper once Singapore develop the UNDERBELLY launch  ...

Yes, NZ hosts a lot of Singaporean military personnel annually who use our army training areas to train in. We're already allied to Singapore so it's all copacetic.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-7 13:21:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kbay at 2010-12-6 20:52

Is this sh!tty little state village called Singapore worth all this money in saving though?   

You call one of the most highly developed area's in Asia a sh!tty little village? i wonder if you ever passed geography or have ever been to Singapore. A sh!tty little village it sure isn't!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-7 13:52:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2010-12-5 20:50
Captain Matthew!
It felt funny at first, but it's actually possible to build a low cost expeditionary force!

Just a dockship with flat tops, and we can load 50 units or more UAV's - with high e ...

Who is Mr. Lee Kwan Yew going to blow to Kingdom come, Mr. Green Draken? China?
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-7 14:33:38 |Display all floors

Reply #9 Kbay's post

If we read Greek History!
It was a small state called Athens, and another Sparta that stopped the mighty million man army of Persia in the ancient days! Developing the military is probably one of the worthwhile industry of a small state!

Singapore already has a few dockships, i just google the internet, it's actually several 8,000 Tonne dockships! So, it's possible to build a 300 unit UAV battle ready fleet!

ha ha ha

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-7 14:37:05 |Display all floors

Reply #12 edisonone's post

Well, Singapore is a "cleft state" with alliances with the British Club, USA, Asian Trade Route State and China!

so, it might as well develop some new technology!
I reckon if you have a geostationary satellite over Singapore - with terrain scanning ability, it could also scan the space in between with some adjustment!

If you have a UAV launch in space with a LASER GUN, i mean i have seen industrial laser cut through inch thick steel - you have a low cost ANTI BALLASTIC MISSILE system!

come on, just because the state is small, doesn't mean it cannot do large state technology!

hmmmm

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-7 14:47:35 |Display all floors

Reply #10 exportedkiwi's post

I think it's a swell idea!

At least Singapore and Malayan Federation in tow would benefit from this capability!
Imagine, having the ability to attack a rogue nuclear state! (pretty unlikely that Singapore would do such attacks)

BUT THINK OF IT, it's good use of the huge budgets!
It'll keep a lot of Boffins happy in Singapore!

UAV bombers destroying launch vehicles, nuclear enrichment sites!
Within minutes launch of anti Ballastic Missile UAV's with lasers in space - maybe speedy set up of an emergency GSP systems to maintain independent C&C systems!

Just some adjustment to the Geostationary Satellite owned by Singapore Telecoms!

ha ha ha

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-7 15:09:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kbay at 2010-12-7 14:19

People who are not proud of their ancestorial roots are cultureless.

As the Yanks would say, "not worth a dime!".

so, kbay, you are a Yankie ?

I didn't know that.

What I said, remains.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.