Author: greendragon

Proper Planning for the Southwest, Laos region! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-9 10:32:33 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-9 10:57:45 |Display all floors

Reply #7 amyamy's post

Dearest Patriot Ms. Amy!

That's what i was saying or implying for a long time ago!
Of course, grow more productive TUBERs instead of low yield Mountain Rice. ( I doubt they can grow Wheat in sub tropical Southwest).

There is going to be a big battle to grow the PACKAGED, BOTTLED drink market in China and IndoChina. ITEMs like HIGH FRUCTOSE SYRUP is a big item, a replacement for processed sugar from sugar cane! YOu need starch. Getting SCALE WHOLESALERs into SOUTHWEST could mean supply of cheaper to produce low land rice, meat - beef, chicken would enriched the diet of the people there! (and I am sure FREIGHT RAILs are being linked to the Southwest)

and there is BIOFUEL - another BIG CATEGORY to produce! Besides the usual Tobacco, Tea etc.
(But do a proper study first - stopping mountain rice cultivation when FREIGHT trains to bring imported rice, meat are not available is dangerous! - at the end, it's the RMB value of each choice!)

Green DRagon
Game Master

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2010-4-9 11:02 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-9 11:00:28 |Display all floors

Reply #8 jordan_c_fan's post

The IndoChinese are also BIG ADMIRER of Chinese systems.

In Cambodia, they have a big lake, TONLE SAP (if my memory is correct), while in Bangkok - there is a canal transport system (now replace by highways). The TONLE SAP could in theory operate like what i say in the SALT LAKE idea, and what is generally happening with the lakes along Yangtze River, it create a WATER-EVAPORATION-RAIN system!

hmmmmm- hope that's accurate!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-9 11:02:58 |Display all floors

Goodness Gracious - complete PIPEWATER, sewage first!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-13 12:13:41 |Display all floors

China is luckier than India in water matters!

Hey, i got the latest edition of the NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC, really interesting data that can help us in our discussion here!

A mistake of mine, Beijing water charge is US$0.50 per tonne, not US$2 per tonne. So We need a HIGHER SURCHARGE to finance the SALT WATER LAKE.
Water is most expensive in San Diego apparently US$4.125 per tonne!!!!! (mama mia!)

ha ha ha

ooooops! sorry mistake!

Anyway China water sources are more varied!

(1) Melting glaciers!
(2) Water Catchment in Southwest, Southeast hill regions of China!
(3) River Basin topography rains
(4) Underground Water
(5) Monsoon
(6) Convection Rain in coastal area!

Ah! We are slowly building up a quite simple to understand scholarly study of China and the world!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-15 11:08:02 |Display all floors

Are we ready for the expected SOUTHWEST rains starting in May!

If it's true all the RESERVOIR and HYDROELECTRIC facilities are ready in the Southwest, then we do expect temperatures will be cooler in the region, as people are evacuated, trees planted for the WATER CATCHMENT area.

WE MUST EXPECT heavier rains this 6 months!
The Southwest is quite similar to India, ony 6 months of agriculture due to dependence on the Monsoons!
Has the Provincial authorities do SLOPE CHECKs, BUILDING safety checks, WATER CHANNELs quality check to ensure proper flow of water to WATER RESERVOIRs.

A lot of work in NEW CHINA!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.