Views: 16042|Replies: 73

CPPCC member: Beware of English invasion [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-10 10:43:31 |Display all floors
At first, I agree the view of this person, but not whole as what she/he said. I think English cannot be a threat to Chinese. It has not the power. We all know that power of a language is based on the economy of the country. When Britain and US were at their peak, English couldn’t have threat Chinese, how can it now?

I also feel sick when some singers and actors speak out some English words when they are speaking Chinese. And it’s not literally beautiful to mix English words in Chinese article. But the words like CDI, GDP have been accepted by most people, they are clear and short expression of a concept. I think these words can be used.

Foreigners even accept Chinglish. It shows how strong Chinese is. It is a threat to English. For this issue, I think it can be discussed on internet. But it’s no needed to promote in CPPCC. The deputies should give more proposals related to our people’s living.

Preventive measures needed to preserve purity of Chinese

BEIJING: With more and more publications mixing Chinese with English, measures and regulations should be adopted to avoid English invading Chinese, suggested Huang Youyi, director of the China International Publishing Group.

"If we don't pay attention and don't take measures to stop the expansion of mingling Chinese and English, Chinese won't be a pure language in a couple of years," said Huang, who is also a member of the CPPCC National Committee and secretary-general of the Translators' Association of China.

Highlighting the danger of Chinese culture becoming diluted and assimilated if the process continues, he warned: "In the long run, Chinese will lose its role as an independent linguistic system for passing on information and expressing human feelings."

Huang was referring to a popular phenomenon in China, in which English words are interwoven in articles and conversations.

For example, abbreviations such as GDP (gross domestic product), CEO (chief executive officer), CPI (consumer price index) regularly feature in publications.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/chi ... content_9564151.htm
[url=http://www.chinahdtv.org/promotionlink.php?key=24856e9c0fb449bb9366b526cbeb40dc][img]http://www.chinahdtv.org/pic/prolink.png[/img][/url]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-10 10:56:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yuan_zcen at 2010-3-10 10:43
At first, I agree the view of this person, but not whole as what she/he said. I think English cannot be a threat to Chinese. It has not the power. We all know that power of a language is based on t ...

Goodmove like how Shih Huang Di instructed Putonghua t

o be only official language that UNITED CHINA 1000's of years ago..................

He also implement coins  weights systems
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-10 10:57:23 |Display all floors
i never like chinese ladies to speaki n SLANG to impress gweilos bosses

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-10 13:24:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-3-10 13:18
There is no such thing as 'purity' in a modern language - forget that dream!

Compare a new Chiense dictionary with a 17th century dictionary and count the neologisms created overthe past three  ...

CPCC is PURE chinese la:)

Only chinese can be MEMBERS

No gweilos or coloured snakes alowed

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-10 16:48:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2010-3-10 13:24

CPCC is PURE chinese la:)

Only chinese can be MEMBERS

No gweilos or coloured snakes alowed

Epic Fail!!!     I srael Epstein (April 20, 1915 in Warsaw, Poland – May 26, 2005 in Beijing, China was a naturalized Chinese journalist and author. He was one of the few foreign-born Chinese citizens of non-Chinese origin to become a member of the C ommunist P arty of China

learn your own history first^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-10 16:53:37 |Display all floors
@ carinhk   You are so wrong my friend.....look up a guy named Israel Epstein....he was a jew and member of the party^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-10 17:08:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-3-10 16:53
@ carinhk   You are so wrong my friend.....look up a guy named Israel Epstein....he was a jew and member of the party^^

Oh, my friend, he must give up his original nationality before joining the party. What's more, the CPPCC stands for Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, no foreiners could take part.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.