Author: greendragon

Shouldn't the Yangtze delta local government consider... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-5-7 10:58:32 |Display all floors

Reply #35 robertcheng's post

At the moment, I WOULD SUGGEST greater reliance on MORTGAGE market, AUTOMOTIVE market to spur consumption as item one is an INVESTMENT, while item 2 is a DEPRECIATING MAJOR ASSET, with great job creating, economic activity generating.

Credit cards should come later. (a lot of part time job created by credit card promoters)

(BUT WE SHOULD ALSO REALIZE    a single party CREDIT = CASH  with another party; encouraging ASSET ACCUMULATION should be top priority, ie. HOME, OFFICES, SHARES IN LISTED COMPANIES etc.)

SAVINGS should be encouraged!, for NEW INVESTMENT and REINVESTMENTs of productive capacity and on new category of trade to suit the expanding incomes of Chinese in the Yangtze Delta. In my opinion, a slow increase in income of service and government workers now, would provide additiional cash to expand consumption and thus the consumption of productive capacities.

In addition, the rapid increase in the automotive, crude oil refineries, electric generation, shipbuilding, engineering and now with the arms race, long term programmes to build submarines, ships, aircrafts, tanks and such would sustain the economy!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-7 15:02:05 |Display all floors

Reply #36 greendragon's post

Savings should be encouraged while investment is urgent to be implementd....? I'm not sure about that...

I totally agree with you in the aspect of increasing crude oil refinery, automotive, shipbuilding, etc...
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-8 12:39:56 |Display all floors

Reply #37 robertcheng's post

The main problem is not all that, they all know this.

In Zhejiang, everything look pristine, but salary workers don't seem to be able to afford much.
Maybe it's the culture,
and Maybe it's because it has only an average income of Rmb20,000 a year (only 1/3 that in Malaya, or about 1/6 in Malaya Central)

So, back to the original

INCREASE THE SALARIES.

so, i can get the Zhejiang monkey off my back!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
GAme Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-8 12:46:28 |Display all floors

Guangzhou is begining to weaned off some industry...

....and by building up the city centre business, gain new higher income per capita industries.
Shanghai, Jiangsu and Zhejiang should work close together on this.

so, time to do it.....
rest of China is waiting for the benefits of a higher income Yantze Delta.
but based on some discussion among some of my friends, there is severe knowhow problem there!

Isn't that obvious!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-12 12:18:55 |Display all floors

Reply #38 greendragon's post

More salary, more consumption...Also consequentaly more domestic demand....

But under present unfavorable economic situation, it's not likely for most enterprises to increase their employees' salary.....
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-12 13:09:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by robertcheng at 2009-5-12 12:18
More salary, more consumption...Also consequentaly more domestic demand....

But under present unfavorable economic situation, it's not likely for most enterprises to increase their empl ...

RR, u know GD has a FREE LOUDSPEAKER MOUTH

so pls stay away from this old grandfather crab 4 ever

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-12 15:32:45 |Display all floors

Reply #40 robertcheng's post

That's why i am saying GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEEs.

Those are about probably 5% of the population.
It'a step by step move.
First if population income rises, your land prices rise, so local government has more cash.
Of course, getting grants from Central Government do help to ensure fiscal health.

Yangtze Delta Trio, Jiangsu, Shanghai and Zhejiang needs to get above US$5,000 per capita soonest.
(I think i was recently informed by a Zhejiang trade delegation that per capita income now is around US$3,300 or so, not good enough, less than Thailand's level!)

NOT THE ENTERPRISE when they are now weak!

It's an idea to tweak some activity into the market to break the trend of the Amerikan Credit destruction game.

Green DRagon
GAme Master

Note: To UOK-IOK-OK!  Time to tweak a little bit and test the results.

In South New MIddle Kingdom, we could possible develop two mega luxury brands like what they have in Europe what with higher income levels. Well, and you are right......TIMING is everything!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.