Author: greendragon

Thai parables for Pakatan Rakyat and Barisan Nasional. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-1-2 14:02:55 |Display all floors

Reply #21 caringhk's post

so unsupportive, and you want to be ROYAL REGENT.....

aiyoh!

where's my Gracie Thong!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-2 14:09:15 |Display all floors

Just having fun....

...next round....

WAR in AFrica, Middle East and South America?

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-2 14:14:48 |Display all floors

i am already very happy with present situation...

....Terengganu Patani people getting a M$10 billion sovereign wealth fund.

and Perak getting land for the villager, and that company that built HILLCITY, doing the new river front cbd.

alas, what happen to Penang.

and Selangor, can actually try to reduce non revenue water, so that investment to do that tunnel to Pahang is not needed!

ha ha ha

and it's nice to see Mr. Najib, Mr. Badawi echoing my idea of a progressive Malaya!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-2 14:26:00 |Display all floors
The Pakatan states already have problems trying to give state land titles to new villagers because the land code is locked under federal Act of Parliament which Barisan has majority vote control....

Some of the previous land conversions are facing legal problems.

Foreign land ownership especially for large tracts need federal committee approval

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-2 15:11:57 |Display all floors

Reply #25 markwu's post

then this becomes a matter of the POPULARITY GAME in the next elections!

and getting LOCAL COMPANY to issue bonds, based on land value is not selling land to foreign companies, it's just  "collateral"....
why would Pakatan States wants to sell land to foreign companies?

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-3 11:18:12 |Display all floors

In the meantime, Central States, Penang & Singapore....

....should start some "citizen's pacification projects" which can generate income as well!

(The issues created by Barisan Nasional and Pakatan Rakyat are being tabulated, for debate in the next general elections in 2013. This could ranged from Illegal Bajau Filipino immigration to Sabah, Sarawak's trouble with Bakun, other renewable projects, Terengganu's crude oil royalty programme, Perak government's land title problem to villagers, Negeri Sembilan slow development, slow development of the Suburban Malaccan-Batu Pahat and Seberang Perai -Keday suburban sprawl, maybe Iskandar development corridor development issue, Upgrading of Penang island and it's city; both coalition parties has many issues now)

I really find it silly for politicians to "sabotage" each others development agenda. But, i guess this explain slow developments in democratic state when the politicians don't respect the boundary between NATIONAL and STATE rule. (This is created by previous administration of the Barisan Nasiional, i guess....all kind of impediments against autonomous development of the states, taking away local initiatives for "sick reasons")

A clearer STATE and FEDERAL government jurisdiction picture will be beneficial now. The chipping off of those boundaries are creating trouble for the future generation in Malaya-Borneo-Singapore region.

cheeerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-3 11:20:34 |Display all floors

In the meantime, Central States, Penang & Singapore....

double post - deleted.

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2009-1-3 11:35 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.