Author: trading1788

我修习英文12年的经验 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-9-2 08:40:19 |Display all floors
aiping Post time: 2007-12-25 10:29
I have a post here and my artical title is: What's the use of good English level?
" I've learned Eng ...

If you wanna live or travel outside China, speaking English is your daily life.

If you only wanna live in mainland China, English helps you to learn about what's going on in outside world, and thus helps to keep wise and knowledgable. Listening to mere internal news will probably make you stupid.

What do you think?
Live and let live.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-11 10:35:14 |Display all floors
I am learning English. Can i make friends with you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-13 21:50:26 |Display all floors
Although i am an English major now, i still consider my English level is so poor. I am a sophomore now. I am worried about my English level and I do not know whether it is too late to improve.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-26 03:05:44 |Display all floors
Hello to everyone.  I had skipped this thread because the title was in Chinese and my Chinese reading is very limited.  But now, by reading it, I see that it is not only in English but about learning English, so I could have something to contribute.  I am a retired teacher from the USA who has taught TESOL among other things.

I think that English-language students in China must have the disadvantage of having very little (if any) opportunity to practice speaking with native speakers.  When I teach English to immigrants in the USA, I have to help give them the courage to practice with native speakers at every opportunity.  Here in the USA there is no lack of opportunity for them to practice, the main barrier is shyness and embarrassment and fear of making mistakes, and I always have to tell them, "Don't be afraid of making mistakes, no one will care as long as they can understand you."  That way, they get more and more practice, and practice is what creates improvement.

But for Chinese students of English, the opportunity to practice speaking must be rare.  And therefore it will be hard to improve speaking. It is also hard to overcome the barrier of shyness without the chance to practice speaking.

Given that problem, I think that the only thing one can do is to practice reading English, and to practice listening comprehension with movies and TV shows.  Being able to read English is a huge advantage all by itself.

Then for writing, as with speaking, the key is to practice, which everyone here is doing, congratulations to all.  There are two phases of learning to write and express yourself in written English: first is just to do it and don't worry if it is correct, just be concerned about being understandable. The second phase is polishing your correctness.  With writing, fortunately, you can take your time and work on a passage to make it perfect.  That work helps you to learn and improve.  But don't let fear of mistakes inhibit you when you are working on the first phase of writing, which is being understandable.  Figure out beforehand if you are practicing communication or aiming for perfect correctness.

I think that everyone here who has learned English well enough to post in English is amazing.  The English is often not perfect, but it is nearly always understandable and communicating understandably in a foreign language is a great accomplishment to be proud of, so everyone here can justifiably feel proud of themselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-14 14:45:52 |Display all floors
Thank you for share!
I am also a student of English Major.After graduation, I work as a software engineer,not relative to English. So, my English is very bad now.
Now, I am in a new company, due to we use English everyday, So I have to learn English again.
And I also think it is a shame that my English is not better than the others who are not English major.
So, Come on!!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.