Author: northwest

Western media bias against China - cases and examples   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-12-10 20:07:57 |Display all floors

Reply: Post #1

Seems to be a balanced article about pollution and particles which have been analysed. I suspect that the scientists know what they are talking about.

Are you a scientist?

You should read your news article more carefully since it mentions a variety of countries. China’s current growth and thirst for energy is going to create pollution. Get over it.

Northwest, has it ever occurred to you that your opening post (your words) smacks of chest-thumping ultranationalistic rhetoric?
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-10 20:10:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-12-10 18:54
Funny, KRudd signed the Kyoto protocol to reduce greenhouse gases, and now he's saying how his government will be arguing about the actual limits to suit Australia's interests.

The former Li ...

Weak argument. All based on your speculation without any supporting facts.

Rudd signed the protocol, a visible act which win praise. But of course as Howard's mania, you refuse to face the truth.

Continue to bury your head in dirt.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-10 20:14:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-12-10 18:54
Funny, KRudd signed the Kyoto protocol to reduce greenhouse gases, and now he's saying how his government will be arguing about the actual limits to suit Australia's interests.

The former Li ...

I'm no Rudd's fans, but at least he did something right in short time.

Rudd signed the protocol, a visible act which win praise. But of course as Howard's mania, you refuse to face the truth.

Continue burying your head in dirt.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-10 20:55:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2007-12-10 20:07
Seems to be a balanced article about pollution and particles which have been analysed. I suspect that the scientists know what they are talking about. ...

Will you say so if they wrote "UK/ Britons" in their headline?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-11 04:06:57 |Display all floors

Rudd delivers.

Within a week of taking office ,Kevin Rudd has opened the windows to the dank dungeon that was Howard's castle and let the fresh air in :

#.  Signing Kyoto and got Australia a seat at future discussion . For too long Howard has isolated his country and sat on the pavement with his only co-miscreant the US tweedling his fingers while the planet burned .

#2. Dismantle the " Pacific Solution " . This is the late 20th  century model for the WAP , lock the refugees away in foreign lands . Out of sight , out of mind  sort of head in the sand bigotry .

Australia is showing her credentials as being human after all . The Howard legacy is so despised it is being torn down and discarded with a hurricane force , by his own party hacks . The light at the end of the tunnel is the beacon of humanity and sanity .

PS: of course the western media is biased towards China . You would too if you see this new boy in town , performing and achieving things you managed to do over 200 years ,in 30 years . The Dragon is leaving you behind in a cloud of dust . I would be complaining and deriding China too if I am on the receiving end . Just remember China is a friend and we are here to help .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-11 04:32:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2007-12-10 22:14

Continue burying your head in dirt....

Just a reminder, Howard said he wouldn't sign because the binding reduction targets would harm Australia's economy.
Both the USA and China have said the same thing.

KRudd has signed up to the protocol, but won't agree to binding cuts until a report by economist Ross Garnaut next year.

The big difference here is that the Liberal government was honest about why it couldn't sign.
KRudd has promised something that he's not actually guaranteed to deliver.

Personally I am in favour of signing the Kyoto protocol, but we've got to be able to deliver the GHG cuts.
If we cannot do that, then why pretend that we will ?

This is the big difference between the two major political parties in Australia.

The Liberals are bastards and tell you they are going to be bastards.
Labor promises to be your best mate, and turn out to just as bad, if not worse, bastards.

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-12-11 08:58:16 |Display all floors
#42. reply to emu,

The Liberal party is in tatters and the smoke and fumes are still rising from the scene of total devastation . It will take a decade at least to rebuild , if rebuild they can . They have a current Labor rusted person as their leader . Brendan Nelson was a staunch and committed ALP member till 1993 . Now he is a " committed and dedicated " Liberal ?  I guess losers can't be choosers huh ?

On the Kyoto protocol , Howard and his cronies are dedicated non greens . They denied there is any science to this climate change caper all together . That thin coat of green tinge was sprayed on at the last minute of the election to pretend they are fans and followers of nature's call . All humbug and lies.

To get involved in Kyoto like CO2 emission reduction would cost Australia 1% GDP ( economists estimates ) but not to do it would cost 10% of GDP . I think even emu could work out the maths here and tell Howard and his mates ( too late now ) that it is more profitable to do than not to do.  

I am so tickled watching the self flagellation and self harm the Liberals are doing to themselves . All of them are taking off the Howard brand of bigotry like lightning and cannot go far enough quickly enough to disassociate themselves from the little coward .  First class entertainment there.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.