Author: greendragon

Will China be the first nation in the world to industrialize space? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-10-23 11:17:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cyberspook at 2007-10-23 09:33
I'm pretty sure that if the Americans actually landed on the moon and have analysed the samples they brought back to death , then the fact that they have not returned and started mining would sugge ...

It had no oil. Otherwise we would have had to claim the moon was hiding WMD, so we could move on it in force .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-23 11:51:05 |Display all floors

Reply #12 mark069's post

for (1) well, i was told by some electronic engineer, the smaller the circuit goes in IC chips, the purer the wafer needs to be! So i reckon, this industry would be the one of the first industries to be viable in space! Then there is possibiliy of creation of "supercatalyst" produced in zero gravitiy etc.

(2) Then we have 350,000 US$ millionaires in China alone! The rest of the world have another  30 million people who are net US$ millionaires! So, there is already a "ready market" for Space Hotel. However, i am sure "millionaires" would still want to have some artificial gravity to enjoy their holiday while taking turns to enjoy "zero gravity" enviroment!

(3) Yup, i know the British Club has VIRGIN on board this industry. The British are also working on a workable "Pulse propulsion" engine that would reduce cost of space shots!

China is WAY WAY BEHIND!

Let's see who will be the first to enjoy some "commercial benefits" from space technology!

Green Dragon
Game Master
f. God of Happiness

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-23 13:02:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cyberspook at 2007-10-23 09:33
I'm pretty sure that if the Americans actually landed on the moon and have analysed the samples they brought back to death , then the fact that they have not returned and started mining would sugge ...

More important whether Amreikan will share those resources........... as moon belongs to everyone
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-23 13:04:27 |Display all floors
Only Pluto is hiding WMD, that's why it was stripped of its planet status.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-23 15:59:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2007-10-23 13:04
Only Pluto is hiding WMD, that's why it was stripped of its planet status.

Pluto the cartoon dog is laughing on the floor
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-26 14:56:37 |Display all floors

Reply #9 cestmoi's post

Great, mine the moon, but wait, wouldn't that then affect the moons mass, which would affect its orbit and thereby affect our tides etc.....not such a great plan methinks my friend!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-27 13:03:44 |Display all floors

Reply #20 exportedkiwi's post

what is the total mass of the moon?
how much mass do you think we will take from the moon viably?

My reckoning, only high value - low mass materials are viable.
Moon mining will be used as production base for space station, factories and vacation spots.
Afterall, it's so much cheaper to launch materials into orbit with the moon compared from earth. (only 1/6 gravitational force compared to earth)

considered SPACE TOURISM.

30 million US$ millionaire.
300,000 would go annually, if ticket prices is US$100,000 each creating a posible US$30 billion industry!

the super pure wafer, catalyst, medicine etc.
that would be needed in our electronics, IT, medical, chemical industries!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master
God of Prosperity

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.