Views: 19811|Replies: 25

Can China build cities on the moon in 100 years? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-18 09:30:52 |Display all floors
What are the chances of China building colonies on the moon in the next 100 years? Space exploration is essential to the survival of the human race. More funding for space exploration is needed in the present.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-18 10:28:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sky_net at 2007-9-18 09:30
What are the chances of China building colonies on the moon in the next 100 years? Space exploration is essential to the survival of the human race. More funding for space exploration is needed in  ...

I hope someone does it. I dare say it will probably be a combined effort. Whoever does it will probably need a lot of rombotic technology and that means a partnership with Japan would be worthwhile. The moon could then be a holiday destination with robotic workers. No one could stay there too long as their muscles would waste away in the low gravity. That said, if a group of people decided they wanted to say goodbye to earth forever they could live there. After a few generations, they probably wouldn;t be human anymore.
The eunuch should not take pride in his chasity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-18 13:04:25 |Display all floors

Reply #1 sky_net's post

We have gone on FREE MARKET development model for the last 30 years!

Let's see whether we can continue on that path in the next 30years to 2030 before we talk about "mining the moon".

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master
God of Longetivity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-18 13:16:01 |Display all floors
Richard Branson will have a five-star resort on the moon well in advance of any government putting up a functioning moon base.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-19 07:35:59 |Display all floors
A Japanese electronics company is actually up there already- they just haven't told anyone yet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-21 05:05:07 |Display all floors
China cannot build anything on the moon without the USA permission as it has been claimed by the USA during their moon landing , unless china contends that they did not land or that china have been there 5000 years previous :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-21 09:22:18 |Display all floors
why can't I put up my reply?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.