Author: water0402

thoughts from my life [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-8-18 11:47:46 |Display all floors
this morning:
mosquito: 0;  markwu: 1  ()

So that evening they were selling slippers at the curb near the traffic light (Shanghai). She said "you know, i don't do this regularly"; so i replied "yes i know". I didn't want to add that she's too educated for that as a regular job. But she was cheerful and i wanted to give her some happiness.  They were all young, probably students.  So i bought some slippers which now sit in the house, unused.  She was very happy, not so much because here was a good customer but because by my little action we connected on what was important about people, more so without saying it,  and that was good enough for me, although after that i had no more spare money for some time.

http://tinyurl.com/25gqen
http://tinyurl.com/3d9hgs

Some quotes for this weekend:

Sleep is the best meditation.

Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and
sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.

Spend some time alone every day.

We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with
ourselves.

Be kind whenever possible.  It is always possible.

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not
judge the universe.

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them,
at least don't hurt them.

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be
happy, practice compassion.

It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as
possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for
both yourself and others will come.

Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old
day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful:
a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day.

Right from the moment of our birth, we are under the care and kindness of
our parents, and then later on in our life when we are oppressed by sickness
and become old, we are again dependent on the kindness of others. Since at
the beginning and end of our lives we are so dependent on other's kindness,
how can it be in the middle that we would neglect kindness towards others?

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a
battle.

If we want a genuine smile, then first we must produce the basis for a smile to come.

.... so let me try that on you.  right now:

:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-20 21:28:39 |Display all floors
i was give up my japanese  and english study these days.
  just tired of that.i watched cartoon these days.i told some friends that i abandon myself to cartoon.they seem not very surprise of it."of course you will,it`s very fit for you....."i ask why.one said to me that i always abandon to something which interesting or infantility ,specially when alone .
  ahaha~~
   i don`t think cartoon is a very infantility...contrarily,some truth of life or goodness and evil is come about in it...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-21 15:03:43 |Display all floors
I regret not finishing my accounting classes; i don't like accounting; i find it boring. Now without knowledge about accounting, i cannot apply for an accounts post when all companies would naturally need people who know how to do accounts. Must have cost me a million jobs.  Back to instant noodles, sigh.

Watching cartoons is fun. It is easy, like playing some video game. Could also become addictive. Howeve, once something is easy and addictive, that is the time to be extra-careful. "What is happening to my brain and character?" is the first question to ask when that happens.  If the answer that comes out is cloudy, be even more cautious. Possibly it could mean trouble ahead.

Having said that, I like to watch cartoons with my children. When they laugh, i also laugh, slightly louder in fact - just to show i am also following the storyline - which could be difficult considering my low and decreasing intelligence.  

But i cannot follow japanese anime cartoons; for one, they look flat - the eyes move but the whole body is just the same frame.  Maybe they want to save up on their graphics processing;  maybe they want to make more money out of children. Also, and this is important i think - they can be jarring on the mind.  Why do i say that? In japanese-type cartoons, you get to see swords, blades, knives and possibly blood. Why can't they do something like Shrek or Ratatouille or Sleeping Beauty?  Secondly, they don't seem to have a strong storyline;  it is one thing logically leading to another with some quirky dialogue in between;  that's very unnatural, doesn't show any creativity; it's almost mechanical, like machine-made.  However, i may be wrong about all this; perhaps the younger generation has found something to appreciate that i have failed to see because of my slowness.

Between devoting all of one's time to language studies or to watching cartoons, i think, maybe, half-half is good enough. Or, as in your example, 33.333% of the time for each for the two languages and the one cartoon time. Or maybe  you can bring it down to 25.000% if you add korean dramas. I always cry before the show starts and when the man gets the girl in the end after an endless series of episodes, i have already lost the thread of the story but mercifully am too stupid to remember how to reload;  of course i only watch the korean actress and completely (i mean completely) erase from my mind all images of the men, so that it is a strange show, with pockets of blankness everywhere.   

But this is all silly man talk. Time should be balanced between study, work, rest and recreation.  All work and no play makes Mark a dull old stupid silly man. But i have no work so how can i also play?!  

Time flies when young so it should be used more carefully and productively.  It's not just about studying hard; anyone can study hard if he or she decides to do so.  What is more important is to study smart.  There are many ways to do it. Find out how - to memorise things more easily, to understand concepts more accurately, and to apply methods to problems more precisely;  know when a rule cannot be applied and why is that so, a question which should lead to an answer which in turn increases one's understanding of the subject matter.  

There is a big, marvellous and expanding world of knowledge out there. Even in the dark arts of accounting.   Someone picked a pebble or two at the beach, not knowing that a vast ocean of truth lay out there before him. For someone like me who can choose to have any knowledge he desires, all knowledge has become like grass on the field to a cow out of the barn. All look the same to me.  Fortunately for you, not like me, i hope.  

I used to write with absolutely zero error in grammar and spelling;  now i am not so sure anymore.  Maybe it's because my grey cells are already dying inside me. So being able to still write a bit here is considered a blessing.

i wish you well, always.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-21 16:00:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by markwu at 2007-8-21 15:03
I regret not finishing my accounting classes; i don't like accounting; i find it boring. Now without knowledge about accounting, i cannot apply for an accounts post when all companies would natural ...

i read thru' this post today..................well well.......what is life made off........i must ask my sweetie from Wuhan/Xiantao wht life is all about...............for all she wants now is spending money................
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-21 16:31:25 |Display all floors
.for all she wants now is spending money.

then in the next life, it will be payback time.

If you love her, there should be no accounting of what she asks from you; if she loves you, there should be no conditions to display true love. "No money, no honey" cheapens the only thing left worthwhile for taking all the ---- that life throws at us all - that only thing is love.

Show her this post; then buy her something unexpected.  Probably you can afford it; i cannot afford anything for those whom i love, and that is worse than no oxygen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-21 16:55:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by markwu at 2007-8-21 16:31

then in the next life, it will be payback time.

If you love her, there should be no accounting of what she asks from you; if she loves you, there should be no conditions to display true love ...

can you ask Mr Fish how is life out of oxygen/water????

Seems Mr iluv2fish would love to answer...........................
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-21 17:00:52 |Display all floors
Come to think of it, i have not seen any recent posts by iluv2fish.  Was he on that plane which caught fire?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.