Author: greendragon

Is China Daily a conduit for International Diplomacy? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-30 23:23:45 |Display all floors

Reply #1 greendragon's post

The answer I was trying to provide to your question has been banned, it was not in violation of any of the rules of this BBS, but never-the-less was banned. International Diplomacy conduit, I think NOT!

[ Last edited by convair1948 at 2007-4-30 11:31 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-1 16:36:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by convair1948 at 2007-4-30 23:23
The answer I was trying to provide to your question has been banned, it was not in violation of any of the rules of this BBS, but never-the-less was banned. International Diplomacy conduit, I think ...

i have to agree with you. its very difficult to communicate with these people. i enjoy reading the news in some chinese websites, but i wouldn't waste my time to read the filtered rubbish in this forum.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-1 21:22:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by amyamy at 2007-4-21 10:38
talking about International Diplomacy, is it a taboo to send condolence to families of victims in industry accidents?
Hu sent condolence to Bush on the VT incident. Has Bush sent condolence to Hu on the 32 death tolls in industry accident lately?

You do raise an interesting question here, amyamy.

The issue I see is that crazed gunmen, natural disasters, terrorist acts and so on, are really out of the control of governments and citizens.
Industrial "accidents" are more likely due to human error or failures in implementation of safety regulations. Military losses are likely due to failed strategies or lack of resources.

"Condolences" for industrial accidents and military losses are therefore more likely to draw attention to a failure or shortcoming of the industries or governments of those who suffered those losses and therefore probably not as welcomed from a diplomatic point of view.
Naturally all decent thinking people do still feel a great deal of sympathy at a personal level for the families who suffered losses of loved ones in industrial accidents and in battle.

The loss of a number of Chinese workers in Africa, due to a terrorist attack, is one where I would expect governments to extend sympathies to the Chinese people. Coal mining accidents due to human error or safety shortcomings - while just as tragic to those involved - are in a slightly different category, no matter which country they occur in.

I do not mean to sound heartless here, but I think you can see that there is a bit of a difference between an unforseeable event and one which is preventable.

JB

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2007-5-1 11:23 PM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-1 22:15:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2007-4-30 12:29
Dearest Amerikans!

The support of neo-nazi Amerikans was responsible for the success of Mr. Adolf Hitler and his subsequent clash with Europe's two largest powers, the British Empire and the Rus ...

Wow, and how did the amercans do that?
They told Hitler they buried bretzels in London and Leningrad? Smart of them! It all worked as planned.

Well.

Until they lost millions of their own soldiers in Normandie, that is.
KISS
(Keep It Simple, Stupid)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-3 12:05:01 |Display all floors

Reply #18 wertynest's post

The Neo Nazi Amerikans wanted to purportedly to supply Germany with crude oil......via financing Hitler to power....
Then we had Irish Amerikans who wanted to "destroy" the power of the fake Germanic Jews.....at least in Germany!

Alas, Hitler actually wanted revenge not only on the "Fake Germanic Jews" but the "allied powers" of the WW1.
Shucks!
Thus came the "conspiracy theory" that the Amerikan Regime wanted to clash the Germans with the French/British/Russian regimes.

The same is "builidng up" again in Japan/Korean theatre!
Amerikan Regime seems keen on clashing Japan/Korea or Taiwan against China.
Same trick......Old Amerikan Dog, but same trick!

Green Dragon
Game Master

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2007-5-3 12:06 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-3 12:10:39 |Display all floors

Reply #18 wertynest's post

We nearly had "similar problems down here in Malaya.
The Amerikan Regime wanted to pressure Singapore-Malaya to "force" regime change in Myanmar.
Thus cutting China's trade route and crude oil from Persia and Arab lands.
It also tried to "destabalized Central Asia" to prevent crude oil from Caspian to reach China or a chance for the rebuilding of the "Silk route" from Persia to China!

Luckily the Singaporean-Malayan governments "stop the serious strategic mistake"....
thus relieving preventing any attempt to use Straits of Malacca as sole chokepoint to China, Japan or Korea.....meaning no "War of aggression" to Malaya!

Green Dragon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-5 08:49:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2007-4-18 12:56
It is slowly appearing that CHINA DAILY BBS is becoming the "conduit" for INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMACY.

Congratulations to the GREAT NATION of CHINA for hosting such a good tool for Interna ...

No, I don't think so.

It's an open forum. Everyone could join and share opinons on something. There might be some officials (to be precise, forumites) airing their opinions here at this forum, since the forum rules allow them to do so.

When I'm able to freely express myself, I don't try to politicize it.

Join and share.
Be Good, Do No Evil. May Buddha Preserve Us!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.