Chinadaily Forum

Forgotten your password?
 register

QQ登录

Author: changabula

What the British did to India   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-21 12:07:31 |Display all floors

Ms. Chang...a little input here..

,,,interesting to read how India's share of world GNP from 1700's dropped from 23% to only 3.8% in 1952!

Geeeze, this going to be fun for me.

So, one of the many reasons could be:-
(1) The INTRODUCTION of the British Virus could be one problem. (it removed "reinvestment" away from Indian territory and towards its own centre in London)..ie. moving the supercentre away from India and converting it to become a commodity hinterland.

(2) Corruption of the chaste system and Increase imperial taxation (over taxation) that prevented "full utilization" of India's limited resources. (That's probably how the story of "killing the goose that laid the golden egg" began! ha ha ha)

and i would add

(3) New Science and technology innovation. Ie. Industrial revolution, (use of energy in output of products)

(4) Changes in lifestyles, creation of large and viable cities via a Services revolution, trades in Vices, liquor, cigarettes, fashions, financial, investment systems etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like It's the BRITISH that created the MODERN WORLD!
Please continue the discussion, it's FUN to be AWARE.

Only if we understand HISTORY and understand OUR CULTURE, could we reinvent ourselves, the way the TAOIST and CONFUCIAN bureacrats reinvented CHINA!

Green Dragon

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2007-2-21 12:10 PM ]
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 12:37:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2007-2-21 12:07
Only if we understand HISTORY and understand OUR CULTURE, could we reinvent ourselves, the way the TAOIST and CONFUCIAN bureacrats reinvented CHINA!...

Yes, of course... and at the same time we need to dump christian supremacist and their parasites in poisoning China.
师夷长技以制夷
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 16:09:57 |Display all floors
There is a comical side to this , Indian doctors, accountants
in fact every Indian in the UK act as if they were still in the
days of the Raj. They speak a quaint dated English which
is a copy of upper class English of the 19th century.

I met one who did not even know what a Pradesh is ,such
was his brainwashing that he "had to be English".
Many recent immigrants who arrived to the Great UK
only recently immediately claim to "be British"  "I am British "
they say.

It is sad but comical as well, a bit like the Chinese  fashion
for an "English Name"

Such is the price we pay for being the most influential nation on the Planet

:)

[ Last edited by christopher_104 at 2007-2-21 08:11 AM ]
If you want to strike back use facts not fiction
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 17:43:54 |Display all floors

What is worrisome about violent racism...

The likes of Christopher_104 and Emu seem to be inciting violence against Asians and Asians have been the victims of Chinese-hating, Jews-hating Christopher_104 and his beloved Australians.

Witness this killing in England, no doubt encouraged and empowered by the likes of Christopher_104 and ilks, Christopher_104 finds a "comical" side to the racist killings.  Typical. Well, you Asians in London will just have to be killed by Christopher_104's ilks until you do something to stop Christopher_104's ilks from killing you first.

UK teens jailed for racist murder
London
February 21, 2007 - 8:28AM

A gang of white teenagers were jailed in the UK for almost 80 years today for the racist murder of an Asian taxi driver beaten to death in Huddersfield last year.

Mohammad Parvaiz, a 41-year-old father of three, was killed last July after he responded to what he believed to be a routine request for a taxi. He suffered 23 separate injuries in the attack.

Christopher Murphy was given a minimum jail term of 25 years while the judge at Leeds Crown Court handed down a minimum 21-year sentence to Michael Hand.

Graeme Slavin and Steven Utley were jailed for a minimum of 17 years.

Police said the main motivation for the attack was revenge for an incident that had occurred a few weeks earlier when Murphy's scooter had been damaged after a confrontation with a group of Asian youths.

The gang mistakenly thought Parvaiz had been involved in this because he had been hired to drop off the Asian youths.

Detective Superintendent Tim Forber, who led the police investigation, said he agreed with the judge's assessment that the attacks were "savage beyond belief".

"This was a pre-meditated plan, it was a savage attack, it was about a specific intent for retribution," he told reporters.

"I don't think I have ever come across anything so utterly mindless.

He also paid tribute to the dignity the victim's widow.

"She is a very, very strong woman but her life has been absolutely devastated and I don't think she will get over it."

Reuters

[ Last edited by cestmoi at 2007-2-21 05:46 PM ]
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 17:58:44 |Display all floors

Caste and classes of citizenships

Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-2-18 17:08
As well, the Indians took the good things they learned from the British, kept diplomatic links with Britain and remained a key member of the Commonwealth of Nations.
India's acceptance of cult ...

I want all Chinese readers to read Emucentral's posting again.

This is true.

I have met "Anglo-Indians" who introduced themselves as such and when I failed to acknowledge that they are racially, socially and economically superior to other classes because they are half English, I was pulled aside and told I was being impolite.

The caste system  in India lends itself to manipulation by the class system of the English and the white Australians.

So when the Anglos, the ilks of Chinese-hating and Jews-hating Christopher_104 of England, mapped their class system on top of the Indian caste system, it was readily accepted.

What does this mean?

Well, for one thing, when Anglo British kill Asian Britis, that is "comical" for the English and white Australians.

Sad, isn't it?

And you ask, does white Australia have a future in East Asia... surely that's a joke.

Christopher_104 and Emu are inciting violence, hatred and killings.
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 18:53:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shakyamuni at 2007-2-18 17:20
I have always found it fascinating the comparison of relationship between India-Britain and China-Japan.

Both India and China suffered heavilyat the hands of British and Japanese respectively.   ...

u are not a true Sakya!!! (so ignorant so not fit to use this name)

U have not heard but these are what i hear why the British were DROVE OUT!!!

So that i can protect my race, land & religion!!!

Actually it is simple, just read about M Ghandhi!!!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 18:56:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2007-2-20 20:18

That's also why Australia feel so close to the Brits... both of them have 'same' ugly values. India was not... so Christianizing her will be good for colonialising.

Don't worry!!!

The Droughts will deal with those aussies!!!

U know what, they are FORCED to drink RECYCLE SEWAGE WATER.

The aussie minister said like exactly in Singapore, DRINK or U DIE!!!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

Archiver|   

GMT +8, 2014-11-28 06:44

Contact Us :

Office number : 86-10-84883534 , 86-10-84883548   Email: chinaforum#chinadaily.com.cn, Switch the # to @ when you send email to us.

Back to the top