Author: english2008

论坛大师请进(之三)——汉英翻译【探讨】 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-4-8 20:42:26 |Display all floors
“破费”意思是“花钱”,固定翻译是:put someone to the expense of ...。鉴于原文中来客已经花了钱,买了礼物,原文中的“怎么能让你破费”不宜按照字面翻译,可试译为:How can I bear to see you go to enough for my sake?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-8 20:48:52 |Display all floors
“探望我这把老骨头”不能按照字面翻译为:come and see my old bones

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-19 23:04:31 |Display all floors
母亲病了,住在医院里,我去守护她。Mother was so sick that I stayed with her in the hospital.
    很多人来探望母亲,他们带来各种各样的水果和补品。每一个人来,母亲都说:“你有心来探望我这把老骨头,我就很感激了;怎么能让你破费?快把东西带回去给小孩吃。”

Then came a lot of visitors too, bringing with them fruits and tonics of all kinds. To each well-wisher, Mother said the same, " your presence here is much appreciated, but it is ridiculous that you spend your money on me, please take back all the things to your kids."
    那些人自然不会把东西带回去。母亲叫我把东西硬塞回他们的怀里,可他们鬼机灵地把东西扔在桌子上就跑了。

They would not follow her words naturally. Mother then asked me to return the presents, ending up with being left on the table by the visitors who vanished with excuses.
    母亲吃不了那么多水果和补品,就叫我也吃,一边看我吃,一边问:“好吃吗?”

Unable to consume so many good foods herself, Mother then asked me to join her and inquired about the taste I experienced.
    我说:“好吃。”

My reply was, "It is yummy."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.