Views: 29084|Replies: 116

China to shoot movie on Nanjing Massacre [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-15 18:27:22 |Display all floors
This project, quoted below from ChinaDaily, sounds like a fun.

But my gut feeling says that this movie could triger, acting as a catalyst, a much bigger controversy as to the Man of Communist China around the world. The Japanese may even attempt to produce a movie about his life, describing what he really did.

I don't know how it would influence the Chinese society, but this is going to be fun.   

China to shoot movie on Nanjing Massacre
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2006-08-14 15:21

NANJING -- China has decided to team up with the United States and Britain on putting Iris Chang's international bestseller, "The Rape of Nanking", on the silver screen, sources with the Chinese investor in the movie revealed on Monday, on the eve of the 61st anniversary of Japan's surrender in the World War II.

"We hope we can make the film a classic on a massacre in the Second World War, just like the Shrindler's List about the miserable experience of Jewish people during the War,"said Gerald Green, the American producer of the movie.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-15 18:50:47 |Display all floors

Yes,it sounds like fun

The movie won't have much influnce on China cuz most Chinese know that massacre quite well,so it sounds like fun.

Probably the movie won't be shown in Japan and that's where people should be educated and corrected about the war time memory,so it sounds like fun.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-15 19:49:55 |Display all floors
You are missing the point, izzyfish.

As written in the article, the purpose of the film is to raise the awareness of the people all around the world by showing a story of a mother and daughter.

If things work out well as the producers are aiming, and the awareness of the Western public is successfully raised with regard to the tragedy occured 70 years ago, then--this is my point-- automatically, another awareness of the Western public  is also likely to be stimulated and rasied at the same time. That is, people may feel like knowing more about Mr. Mao and what he did. Their attention both in the West and in China may shift to the notorious killing of much larger scale.

Thereby, something unexpected, something ground-breaking, may happen within the Chinese society.

[ Last edited by soudenjapan at 2006-8-15 07:56 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-15 20:41:03 |Display all floors
Simply put, you should not play with fire. You could burn your own house.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-19 05:44:00 |Display all floors
The world will pay attention to holding the Communist regime to the same standard of justice by which it is criticizing the Japanese government. That could be the beginning of the end of Communist China.

I hope that this movie is going to be the catalyst for that change.

[ Last edited by soudenjapan at 2006-8-19 05:45 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-19 07:45:41 |Display all floors

Just Pay Up

Only a Jap can describe the Nanjing Massacre as "fun."  Japs like SouthernJap in present company is truly hentai.

There would also be a public service announcement that goes into the trailer of the film, about the Japs' shirking of treaty duty to destroy, remediate, and compensate for the 2,000,000 pcs. of chemical weapons the Jap military meticulously and maliciously buried all over China.  There would be a call to action, class action at that, to seek recovery of the US$1 Trillion in damages plus interest and punitives.    Now that sounds like fun.

Let the fun begin.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-19 10:09:05 |Display all floors
I wish I could help you with this favorite topic of yours, but very little people pay attention to this issue in Japan, of course, but in China as well. Maybe, it bores everybody.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.