Views: 15173|Replies: 40

Do we need a Space Station. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-8 13:43:11 |Display all floors
The Europeans were adventurous and got for themselves the large LATIN AMERICAN LANDS. The British obtain Canada, Australia mostly unoccupied lands. United States created genocide and stole the lands of the native Americans.

( if we can ignore all the past genocide of the Europeans on occupied colonize lands, it was profitable experience for those nation)

Should China consider building a SPACE STATION as staging point for experiments to target colonizing and utilizing the MOON. And we can be morally upright as such lands are unoccupied!

JUST WONDERING OUT LOUD!

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-9 02:13:01 |Display all floors

Bloodless formation of various Chinese Dynasties?

greendragon:

From your criticism of the manner in which western nations, including the United States, I assume you believe that the Chinese dynasties, beginning with the Qin, were bloodless.  And innocent villagers were not murdered.

I am not trying to defend that action, but I am insisting that you are consistent in your criticism.  If you want to denounce and oppose the killing of innocent ethnic groups, then you should also include all nations/civilizations which were formed that way.  Which includes all that have ever existed on earth.  In addition, if you consider this act morally reprehensible, then you must also be against any military action which would reselt in innocent people in Taiwan being murdered?  Or does the mainland need to kill them to protect itself?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-9 03:03:35 |Display all floors

Show Us the Evidence, Bloodsucker

Nosferatu:

You show us the evidence like the world sees Ishaqi and Haditha, and I will join you in the denouncement.  Right now we can only go by the evidence available.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-9 03:43:25 |Display all floors
It's pretty hard to deny that the entire world at those times were consumed by war.  Qin did not unify China by a bunch of handshakes, beers, and celebrating.  Let's not forget that there was constant fighting in the northern regions throughout many centuries of Chinese history.  The world is simply more civilized today than it once was, and I attribute that to the many forms of quick communication, especially the internet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-9 09:16:18 |Display all floors

Reply #1 greendragon's post

no, you got the punch line wrong, i think we need two space stations, one aimed at the subjugation of the moon and another aimed at the colonization of Mars.
Opinions are determined by interests, but interests are a matter of opinion.
David Hume

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-9 10:14:57 |Display all floors
The moon belongs to humanity. You can't just go there and take it, just like how you can't take antarctica.

The United States is going back to the moon. I think they'll beat China there anyway. Just hope they don't think the same way as you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-9 10:22:46 |Display all floors

Mr. asmanthink, China has resource shortages.

The best way is of course space!

We need 1 space station, quite big with artificial gravity so that we can permenantly station 20 to 100 people in space. The stages would be

(1) Use the space station as a platform to build smelting and metal forming ovens.
(2) Use resources in space to build up the station as well as experiments.
(3) Find out ways to mine moon and deliver essential metals such as iron ore, uranium, gold, platinum etc. etc. to be "catapult" back to earth's orbit and find a cost efficient manner to land it on earth for use. I would reckon rare earth, strategic materials, precious metals, and gravitation free manufacturing process shall be the first targets.
(4) The space station will need to be able to grow food, recycle water and waste.

and it would create a new competition between EU, USA and the NEW MIDDLE KINGDOM.

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.