Author: shanhuang

Wall Street, Washington and Asia Economic Crisis [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-5 08:30:13 |Display all floors

Jewish Bankers

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-5 14:00:33 |Display all floors

Reply #6 shanhuang's post

FYI - a lot of people went Bankrupt for sure.

There was a Thai in the construction biz who had to sell sandwiches instead but he did it well to make money again. It is the principles that counts.

Soon Malaysia followed China by PEGGING the ringgit which is now removed.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-6 07:14:53 |Display all floors

Collapsing Dollar

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-6 09:26:16 |Display all floors

Hi shanhuang

Hi there,

Here I come again, you're making good analysis related to the US and it let us understand more about current world trend.

But I saw too, still some amerikans are not satisfied with China trade surplus with the US, denying the fact that the dollars China gains will be saved in US treasury bond, thereby financing US unpayable budget deficit.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2008-4-10 12:37 PM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-6 12:37:22 |Display all floors

So Happy to see you again!

Originally posted by northwest at 2006-5-6 09:26
Hi there,

Here I come again, you're making good analysis related to the US and it let us understand more about current world trend.

But I saw too, still some amerikans are not satisfied wi ...

Hi northwest!

:)

I am so glad to see you come back here. I missed you during your absence.

Thank you for your kind comments. I am really just sharing what I read with other forumites and trying to collect more information and learn from other forumites. As you see, flotsam has already given me a lot to digest.

I do think this is an important topic not only on economy but also on politics, for China.

You know I didn't even know about George Soros the last time when I talked to you, it was our conversation on thread ""Zion's Christian Soldiers" that had led me to do some research. So here we are.

It's a wonderful wonderful news that you are working in Beijing now!!! I know what you concerned about and I trust you would let the message out.

I am looking forward to hearing more stories from you.  :)

[ Last edited by shanhuang at 2006-5-6 01:59 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-7 16:03:39 |Display all floors

Reply #10 flotsam's post

flotsam,

I just read this news today.

Buffett sees market speculation in commodities

OMAHA, Neb., May 6 (Reuters) - Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Chairman Warren Buffett said on Saturday that he thinks there has been market speculation in commodities such as copper, and also said that he no longer has a holding in the metal silver.

"We had a lot of silver at one time but we don't have it now," Buffett said, speaking at Berkshire Hathaway's (BRKa.N: Quote, Profile, Research) (BRKb.N: Quote, Profile, Research) annual meeting.

Silver hit a 23-year peak of $14.68 two weeks ago.

Commenting on the commodities market in general, Buffett said: "What the wise man does at beginning, the fool does in the end... any asset that has a big move based on fundamentals will attract speculators..."

He said his guess was that a lot of activity in "something like copper is speculative on both sides of the market -- you are looking at a market that's responding more to speculative than fundamental forces."

Copper hit a new record high on Friday as a strong advance that has sent prices flying up by more than 75 percent so far this year pulled more money into the market.

I know China is aware of copper price inflation, I read in Chinese. But I didn't follow up on it. I probably should do a little research on it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-8 07:57:30 |Display all floors

You shouldn't believe everything you read.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.