Set HomepageAdd a favorite

Chinadaily Forum

Forgotten your password?
 register

QQ登录

Views: 62295|Replies: 88

China, USA should be natural allies [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-23 09:26:53 |Display all floors
China and the United States should have been natural allies, because we fought together in the battle fronts, and sent the Japanese Imperial Army back to their islands, after their hands were full with american and chinese bloods. Many in China over-joyed when your two a-bombs shortened the grisly war, and forced the Japan Emperor to surrender before justice. A few Japanese scholars asked me in Tokyo last spring that what do you think of Americans? I said to their face: Wonderful people! Many in important posts in China are all american college educated, and naturally we like that place.

Chinese pronunciation of the United States of America, is "mei-guo", meaning "Beautiful Country".

However, your politicians and quite a number of people in america are living under the shadow of "political ideology". Yes, taiwan is a democracy, but that doesn't mean China under one-party leadership has no future. It can make wonders and miracles, so long the leadership listen to the wise-men advice, and take the majority of its people's interest at heart, I mean, at heart! And, we are not planning any attack on Taiwan to quicken territorial integration, we are not fools to ruin our own brothers and sisters there. China has put forward the most flexible plan for peaceful unity: Taiwan could keep its democracy, its troops, its system, everything could be kept intact, except the authorities there admit to one-China.

With regard to protecting democracy, I found the White House is somewhat of "hypocrite". Among your allies, is Singapore a democracy? is Pakistan a democracy? is Saudi Arabia a democracy? And, Chavez is majority elected, why is he a prick in your eyes?

So, my suggestion for the White House: 1.3 billion people calling USA "Beautiful Country" isn't your adversary. Selling weapons to Taiwan DEFINITELY hurts our feelings!

Chinese people respect friendship, and tend to reciprocate good with good, what Confucius enshrined in our blood. We two peoples have a lot to learn and rely on each other.

[ Last edited by arthur at 2006-2-7 03:01 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-23 09:36:18 |Display all floors

Well said, arthur!

Where has it ever been demonstrated that democrazy is so much better than a one-party system?

Who writes this nonsense about democrazy is the only good system of government? -- Professor iluv2fish!

And who has been shooting all the darts at whom?

iluv2fish, did you ever check out: "WTF mate"  ? Look it up on yer browser -- check out the Chinese flag ... DOH!
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-23 13:54:54 |Display all floors

You can say that again, arthor!

we are not planning any attack on Taiwan to quicken territorial integration; we are not fools to ruin our own brothers and sisters there.  --- YES! You're right!

I am just back from Taiwan. People there are all polite and moderate. What I saw there were completely different from what I have learned from the violent movies about the island. Taiwanese are keener to Chinese traditions, which you can get proof from the decorations in stores and restaurants. They are all in Chinese traditional designs and colors. It is no doubt that we are one big family, the mainland and the island. Nobody can deny that. We are using the same language. You can hear Putonghua everywhere. When I was in a taxi, the standard Putonghua by the host on the radio program made me feel that I am in BJ!

I asked lots of people about their ideas of the development of Taiwan. Taiwan people are frank about their political opinions. No one said he liked the idea of an independent Taiwan. We are one big family -- everybody told me that again and again. The person who insists on "one China, one Taiwan" is treated as a traitor in the island.

One China policy is correct. It's just a matter of time.
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-24 08:54:46 |Display all floors

USA , China form an alliance?

somebody proposed following idea>

What would happen if President Bush and President Hu would have decided to unite, to consult each other, and form an leadership of the world?
The terrorists would have no room to advance their agenda.
Europe would have to accept the fact that the USA and China together provides a better leadership.
Japan would have to give up any idea of heading and ruling Asia.
Africa would have a better chance of developing with American and Chinese monitoring their development plan than the UN.
Economic restructuring of the world has a better chance of happening with China and the US making the decisions.

Right?

[ Last edited by hanlei at 2006-1-24 08:56 AM ]
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-24 10:20:13 |Display all floors

China, USA natural allies?/

Taiwan is the key.

It will be a litmus test for the two giant countries, in their substantial cooperation, to resolve the Taiwan problem peacefully, taking into consideration of the interests of Taiwai residents, Beijing, and Washington.

All Asian people will clamour for the day's coming:  the hovering cloud of a war above the Taiwan Straits is cleared, once and forever.

But, is it easy to persuade Rumsfeld and his generals that China is a benign power?

[ Last edited by freeman at 2006-1-24 10:24 AM ]
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-24 11:09:49 |Display all floors

There is nothing to solve, Mr. Freeman...

Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaya, Thailand, Vietnam is the "prancing lions"  in the NEW MIDDLE KINGDOM form of civilization.

We use "domestic competition" to get the "Yang erections" while the mainland is the mother that nurtures and protect "Ying comforting"....

American meddling in KOrea, Taiwan, T-I-B-E-T, Mongolia, Persia, Tartar are just "nuisance" in these "BUFFER STATES" that keeps the FRINGE from having terrorist intent.

We know, you know because you study our history as we have study your history.....Singapore is a nuisance state..that's all.

and we study history with the 3rd eye...not with 1 or just 2 eyes...

cheerios!

fm
Gd

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2006-1-24 11:15 AM ]
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-24 23:32:08 |Display all floors

Stake-holder relationship

I attended a news conference at the american ambassy in Beijing this evening and listened to Mr Zoellick espousing to a crowd of the press his famous theory of China-America "stake-holder" relationship.

His descriptions are something like this:  China and U.S are "stake-holders" and beneficiaries of the world's economic and political system. So closer cooperation bwteen the two to maintain the world system "security" is a shared goal of the two.  Both China and America face a few challenges of keeping growth and security, now. So it is imperative and important for the two to stay at the "same boat" and sail through.

Amazing explanation!

[ Last edited by chinadaily at 2006-1-24 11:33 PM ]
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

Archiver|   

GMT +8, 2014-12-18 22:13

Contact Us :

Office number : 86-10-84883534 , 86-10-84883548   Email: chinaforum#chinadaily.com.cn, Switch the # to @ when you send email to us.

Back to the top