Views: 3224|Replies: 13

A message from Austin China Daily Forum [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-13 03:37:19 |Display all floors

Over the last two weeks I have taken time off from Moderating in order to discuss with Voice recent unruly postings and several conflicting situations by a few members (no names mentioned) we have agreed that it would be benificial for the wellbeing of the forum to have some new Moderators in certain sections. We will do this shortly when those approached have agreed and we will notify members accordingly.

As we all know it is only too easy to take exception to posts or threads where members are named by others, this should never happen as it usually amounts to a personal attack.
It is time for us all to take this in to account, and to slow down and think before we post, together with sticking to the general rules of the forum recently posted by Voice. These are available on request.

If there is a post or thread that you feel is unacceptable it may be better to report it rather than get tied up in an argument by replying to it. We will take all reports seriously, however please remember that Voice or the Moderator for whatever section the report may refer to might not sign on every day.

We know that the vast majority of regular posters want a calm and pleasent forum this is why we have taken time to discuss what is best for the forum and hope the recent events can be put behind us.

Austin

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-13 09:20:00 |Display all floors
If Tom wants to register into the CD Forum, he should be required to show his own identity card no matter what nationality he is! Everyone must be responsible for his own actions and words where he goes!
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-13 09:37:00 |Display all floors
You have returned to the moderator-position, I wonder if the red print on the title was stamped by yourself or Voice-cd?  

(Kidding!)
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-7-13 10:04:53 |Display all floors
Hao de
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-7-13 11:51:30 |Display all floors
How about a section titled "Denigrate China".
This would be the only section certain posters who constantly denigrate could post.
The the casual or occasional visitor would know exactly what was going on in this forum
and the agenda of those posting there.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-7-13 13:36:14 |Display all floors
Seems that CD verification is getting more strict now. Every time when I post sth especially after I edit and resend it, it's been pending for approval. What an inconvenience, ft....!     

I thought I'm one of the forumites free of verification. Actually not. Alas...!    
Smile at whatever happens.
任它花开花落,一笑而过!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-13 15:16:40 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-7-13 09:37
You have returned to the moderator-position, I wonder if the red print on the title was stamped by y ...

I did as I wanted more people to read it

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.