Author: UYA

China’s cities are impacting the World [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-6 23:12:15 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2018-7-6 04:41
Why is land holdings in Africa has to do with cities in China?
You dismiss the capitalists land ho ...

Off topic, twisted arguments, misstated my contentions. What's your point?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2018-7-7 03:42:08 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-7-6 23:11
If you didn't habe that credibility problem I might ask you to share them with me. Unfortunately y ...

ah....
This is 2018 update your stats

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-7 03:43:44 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-7-6 23:12
Off topic, twisted arguments, misstated my contentions. What's your point?

You just stated the holding of China in Africa, and the harm they cause there.
I'm comparing what other (capitalist nations) have done.

So.....
your the one off topic

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-7 04:07:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by UYA at 2018-7-7 04:10
seneca Post time: 2018-7-6 23:11
If you didn't habe that credibility problem I might ask you to share them with me. Unfortunately y ...

Chinese scientist have developed a new "soil" that can turn desert into arable land.
So China has addressed this problem and has done something about it.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/AG.LND.ARBL.ZS?locations=CN
This show growth in arable land in China.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-7 23:21:26 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2018-7-7 04:07
Chinese scientist have developed a new "soil" that can turn desert into arable land.
So China has a ...

So says UYA. I have never heard of a new soil that needs to be mentioned with quotation marks in front and at its end. And if you don't know: No matter how fertile the land is, nothing can grow if the climate is not cooperating. Soil without water does not produce crops.

You are so vague I have to go on mistrusting your claims. China is squandering precious arable land and building ugly concrete deserts. These tumours also harm the continental climate and their pollution impacts regions thousands of kilometers away from China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-7 23:30:03 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2018-7-7 03:43
I'm comparing what  ...

Spoke like a person under the influence of some hallucinogenic drugs!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-7 23:37:29 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2018-7-7 03:43
I'm comparing what  ...

I didn't think we were discussing Comm unism versus Capitalism yet again, sigh! I mentioned only that the cancerous growth of China's urban space goes at the expense of the environment both in East Asia and even in Africa. To feed China's people, the ruling few can no longer depend on homegrown crops. They import soybeans from the Americas, meat from Australia and France, milk from New Zealand and Holland. Meanwhile, China also is growing cash crops for export markets. Its agriculture is totally out of balance now. The Chinese agribusinesses grow champignons and asparagus for France, wine for the whole world but staples have to be bought in markets that produce them cheaper. Eventually the prices of these staples will go through the roof and this will hurt the people in the countries where these staples are grown - say, Cambodia (rice). The Chinese agricultural land hunger is enormous and it will eventually be in conflict with African peoples' real hunger.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.