Author: UYA

China’s cities are impacting the World [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2018-7-6 02:06:35 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-7-6 01:54
If you can't ever make a constructive contribution, why don't you stop posting?

More constructive than you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-6 02:07:50 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-7-6 01:57
If you really want to insist that China today disposes over more arable land than before you nee ...

What do you have to show?
Your opinion?
Like alcohol is NOT a drug?
Just shows what your opinion is worth.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-6 02:19:36 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2018-7-6 02:05
Looks like you made your mind up.
That is why there is no need to show them to you.

Yes, I made my mind up because I have eyes to see and a nose to smell the industrial flavours in the urban air. Where is the newly arable land that China claims as per its "stats"?

It sure has destroyed some of its most precious arabl lands.

As I said before, it probably counts land appropriated in foreign countries as its new arabl territories.

You of course fail to see the implications...

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-6 02:23:09 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2018-7-6 02:07
What do you have to show?
Your opinion?
Like alcohol is NOT a drug?

In Europe we don't regard alcohol as a "drug". Backward people elsewhere maybe do. It doesn't cure people of any illness.

Anyway, I have stated my point about this miraculous growth and increase of arable land in China when in fact the ugly urbanisation process has taken place at the expense of agriculture.

As far as I know China has land holdings in Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda, Ethiopia, Cambodia - all growing cash crops for export to China.

That is not a positive trend!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-6 04:38:21 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-7-6 02:19
Yes, I made my mind up because I have eyes to see and a nose to smell the industrial flavours in t ...

Then you are the God on the CD.
Dismiss stats, and can not provide ANYTHING but your opinion.
Your opinion is law, that everyone needs to pray to.
(more self righteous smut)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-6 04:41:34 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-7-6 02:23
In Europe we don't regard alcohol as a "drug". Backward people elsewhere maybe do. It doesn't cure ...

Why is land holdings in Africa has to do with cities in China?
You dismiss the capitalists land holdings, and the harm they do all over the world?
(more hypocritical smut)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-6 23:11:11 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2018-7-6 04:38
Then you are the God on the CD.
Dismiss stats, and can not provide ANYTHING but your opinion.
Your ...

If you didn't habe that credibility problem I might ask you to share them with me. Unfortunately you prefer to haughtily stomp your feet, insist that you have told me that "stats" prove something and refuse to even tell us from what obscure source you derive them.

According to the American Almanac from the year 2013, China has under 10% of land in arable condition. Many countries have less than that, but in China's case, with such a huge population, the percentage seems to be a bit on the low side.

With the expansion of those urban centres into gian concrete deserts I fail to see how the size of arable terrain can have grown. The most probably way this has happened is by China acquiring arable land in other countries. This has in fact happened.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.