Views: 8767|Replies: 6

What Boris Johnson said in leaked recording of speech [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-7-2 15:15:24 |Display all floors
(The Guardian) In unguarded comments at a private dinner, Johnson said the UK needs to engage with the emerging superpower while recognising they remain commercial rivals.

“We need to engage with China diplomatically, treat China as our friend and our partner, but also recognise that they are our commercial rivals. And they will try to stiff us.”

Johnson predicted that Chinese companies would eventually take over from Silicon Valley as the world’s technology giants.

“The Americans have run the tech world for decades. Microsoft, Google, Apple, blah, blah, blah – we’re used to them winning,” the foreign secretary said.

“No, no, no. The Chinese are about to win. They’ve got 5G. They’ve found out a way. Everybody’s going to be getting stuff on their gizmos through the Chinese system and not the American system. So watch out for that one.”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-3 14:14:31 |Display all floors
It is still too early to tell who will win. It is more important for China to concentrate on the important matters like social welfare, technological development, scientific research, infrastructure development for the future, international relationship,...etc. Frivolous matters like "thumping the chest" only seeps away energy and achieves little.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-4 19:12:53 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2018-7-3 14:14
It is still too early to tell who will win. It is more important for China to concentrate on the imp ...

I agree completely.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-5 04:39:53 |Display all floors
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-5 07:54:17 |Display all floors
Boris Johnson is a dangerous fool.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-5 14:26:58 |Display all floors
Mishao Post time: 2018-7-4 19:12
I agree completely.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-6 07:58:51 |Display all floors
Boris Johnson is a bigger fool than trump.
Human lives mean little when those in the WEST see a bigger gain through war

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.