Author: emanreus

China rebuffs US request to discuss airline 'Taiwan' demand [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-7-7 10:37:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by zhihu1 at 2018-7-7 10:53
cmknight Post time: 2018-7-7 09:46
That's supposed to hurt my feelings? I've been supporting the independence of Quebec since they fi ...

Let's support the independence of Quebec, Scotland, Catalan.

Let's support the land reverts to the real owners of first nation etc!

Let's support  North Ireland reverts to Ireland.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-7 11:31:52 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2018-7-7 08:54
The Taiwan Relations Act was enacted on April 10, 1979, 30 years AFTER Mao took power, and 35 year ...

US protected the KMT from PLA attacks, and yes, later enacted the Taiwan Relations Act to enhance that protection!  Don't try to twist facts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-8 00:11:38 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-7-7 10:34
You're paranoid. Why do you suppose I am trying to hurt your feelings? Go support te independence o ...

"I also support you to kick out of the useless Queen who murdered Diana."

Oh, so you're a conspiracy theorist as well ... that explains a lot.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-8 00:47:39 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-7-7 11:31
US protected the KMT from PLA attacks, and yes, later enacted the Taiwan Relations Act to enhance  ...

I was not twisting any facts. You stated, "US protected the KMT from PLA attacks!  It as everything to do with taiwan remaining outside Mainland, and enacted the Taiwan Relations Act to protect taiwan in case of PLA attacks!"

"US protected the KMT from PLA attacks!"
Yes, they did. From 1950 until 1958, the US supplied the KMT with surplus military equipment to aid them in their fight against the CPC.

"It as everything to do with taiwan remaining outside Mainland, and enacted the Taiwan Relations Act to protect taiwan in case of PLA attacks!""
This did not occur until 30 years after the CPC took power in 1949.

The one "twisting facts" is the one who rolled both of those statements into one, making them part and parcel of the same argument.

I do, however see the Chinese point of view, since the Chinese Civil War has really never ended. There has never been an armistice or a Peace Treaty signed between the two sides, and there is debate as to whether or not the war legally ended. This does not, however, necessarily mean that I have to agree with it (Chinese POV). I am free to form my own opinions on this particular matter, as are you. You are also free to feel that my opinion is incorrect. That is your right. I do not have to agree with you, nor do you have to agree with me. That is the wonderful thing about political discussions. You can still have differences of opinion, and at the end of the day, walk away from it all and continue on with your life.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-9 12:22:46 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2018-7-7 08:54
The Taiwan Relations Act was enacted on April 10, 1979, 30 years AFTER Mao took power, and 35 year ...

If Mao had never died, indeed if Mao was a God, China would never have been recognized as a sovereign entity by any civilized country in the world. It might not even have good apport with N Korea. The Chinese would hop mad worshipping their Deity but the world would ignore them.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-9 12:25:41 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-7-7 09:21
When it comes to blackmail, it is Canada occupies the land of aboriginal. And we support the indep ...

Blackmail? Canada is blackmailing whom over the rights of its indigenous peoples? China?

How about China blackmailing the world over its occupation of indigenous peoples' territories? The Baiyue and Tanka of Guangdong and Guangxi? The Natives (two dozen different peoples0 from "Xinjiang", the Tibetans, the Mongolians?

Only Taiwan has APOLOGISED to the native peoples for occupying their own land. When is China going to apologise to the dozens of indigenous peoples whose lands it is occupying???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-9 13:46:48 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-7-9 12:25
Blackmail? Canada is blackmailing whom over the rights of its indigenous peoples? China?

How  ...

You must be suffering from third degree amnesia; why no mention of Europeans who invaded, conquered, decimated native populations of those peaceful nations they colonised, stripped their land of natural resources and sent them home to make Europe very rich and the colonies very poor?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.