Author: robert237

Protesters arrested in USA [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-2 19:43:42 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2018-7-2 15:53
Regularly??!! Your imagination is truly beyond imagination.

It is more regularly happening than you would ever allow for (although I doubt the police care whether you allow them to arrest protestors).

Some observers put protests, both approved and unapproved, at several thousands every year. And no, these protests happen in spite of government exhortations to demonstrate against Japanese business installations - they happen in protest against official corruption and misconduct.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-2 19:51:05 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-7-2 15:59
Where are the slaves in Asia?

Specify your points to us.

Do you remember the news carried even by the CD a few years ago about mentally handicapped Chinese being worked to their bones by a brick kiln operator? The Chinese media openly called the victims "slaves", and that's what they were. Such cases have been reported sporadically over the years.

Then there are the VIETNAMESE women trafficked into China to marry rural men who work them hard, impregnate them, claim the child thus conceived, and often send the woman empty-handed back to Vietnam.

The same can be said about N Korean women married to Chinese men. Few if any willingly enter into such marriages.

OK, these are specific cases from China with a special background to each of them that explains in part why these people have been taken advantage of: Mental incapacity, vulnerable foreign women.

A more prosaic case would be the labour conditions at many private work places, say, Foxconn. It is foreign NGOs that categorise these situations as "slavery". Maybe by Chinese standards they are not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-2 19:58:55 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-7-2 19:51
Do you remember the news carried even by the CD a few years ago about mentally handicapped Chines ...

A few years ago? Silly you. I wasn't on CD.

Chinese media? You lied again. You're Chinese iliterate and you even cannot understand Chinese at all.

Show us the proof. You are abusing Chinese nation that incudes your Chinese son Chinese wife, Chinese stepson.

Go ask their opinions for us.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-2 19:59:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-7-2 19:51
Do you remember the news carried even by the CD a few years ago about mentally handicapped Chines ...

And I don't want to let you get the idea I am seeking to demonise China. I am not. China is probably not the worst case. In fact, I am willing to say China has improved its act for people in general. But ASIA is big and there are many other cases:

- Yesterday I read about Taiwanese FISHERMEN who physically compel migrants from many other Asian countries to work on their fishing boats for nest to nothing. If they fall sick and/or die, they get thrown overboard, and that's the last time when they have been seen.

- Asia's fishermen seem to be a pretty rough bunch: Thai fishermen for example have also for DECADES been employing illegal immigrants as quasi-slaves. It's very convenient - nobody gets to see these migrants except the captain of the boat. If he decides to get rid of them he does. He dumps them in Indonesia or Malaysia. Or overboard.

- Burma has a bad record as a military dictatorship whose rulers forced rural populations to work for the army for nothing. Maybe this programme has been completed by now but thanks to the availability of captive ethnic minorities, many roads were built in the hinterland.

- In PAKISTAN many rich Muslims employ CHristian slaves. It's not official but it is a known problem.

- The Vietnamese also used to enslave the Hmong because the Hmong were partners with the USA during the Indochina war. That is why so many Hmong live now in the West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-2 20:01:59 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-7-2 15:59
Where are the slaves in Asia?

Specify your points to us.

Your question:

"What's Hune 4th"?

I can't go into details. It's a sensitive issue. Suffice to say this is the date of a brutal response to Chinese citizens, mostly young and idealistic, 29 years ago. It is commemorated in Hong Kong but not allowed to be commemorated in the Mainland.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-2 20:04:27 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-7-2 19:59
And I don't want to let you get the idea I am seeking to demonise China. I am not. China is prob ...

Ignoramus. There's no Burma, but Myarma.

Pakistan, Vietnamese are great nations. They were victims of the white, the colon ial ists.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-2 20:05:18 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-7-2 20:01
Your question:

"What's Hune 4th"?

Of course, you can't, because you keep weaving a tissue of lies and lies on CD.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.