Views: 2515|Replies: 7

For drug free society - can we do more? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-6-27 14:11:51 |Display all floors
June 26 is International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
There are about 2.55 million registered drug abusers in China, among them, 1.419 million aged 18-35, occupied 55.6 percent; 1.099 million aged 36-59, accounting for 43 percent.

If we use the international common ratio of one registered drug abuser to recessive drug abusers as the reference, there could be 12.77 million drug users all over the country, amount to 0.92 percent of the total population, almost equals to one drug addict in 100 around us.

Drug abuse poses great harm and affects the stability of public security. According to statistics by MPS, there were 152,000 drug addicts among the non-drug-related criminal suspects captured by public security organs in 2017, taking up 10.3 per cent of the total.

Drug abuse not only seriously damage people's health, corrode people's will, wreck family happiness, but also seriously depletes social wealth, poisons social morals, and pollutes the social environment.

In particular, the long-term abuse of synthetic drugs can easily lead to mental illnesses, resulting in frequent extreme cases of self-inflicted injuries, violent injuries, and drugged driving.

Efforts were made by National Narcotics Control Commission and member agencies to crack down drug manufacture having suppressed the criminal activities of manufacturing synthetic drugs.

Innovating the mechanism for blocking drug sources and containing the circulation and trafficking has effectively curbed the inflow of drugs.

The focus on combating online drug-related criminal activities has efficiently curbed the rapid spread of online drug-related problems;

The implementation of the drug prevention and education project for teenagers has effectively slowed the growth of new drug addicts

While actively promote community-based treatment and rehabilitation program has effectively mitigated the social harm caused by drugs.

Through the continued deepening of key rectification, work has completely reversed the severe situation of drug problems in some regions.

The carrying out of international cooperation and deep participation in international drug control issues and cross-border law enforcement actions have greatly contributed to the overall fight against drugs.

While efforts also need to be made by you, by me, and by all of us, to say no to drugs, to help our friends and family members or relatives stay away from drugs, to persuade drug abusers to accept treatment, and to provide working opportunities for former users if possible, so as to encourage them to reintegrate to the society.

A healthy life, green and no place for drug is the theme for 2018.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-6-27 15:07:02 |Display all floors
Illegal drug use in the USA is rampant thanks in no small part to the glamorization of its use in the entertainment media.
I would hope that China continues to keep the use of illegal drugs out of its entertainment media.
There is nothing glamorous about a drug addict.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-6-27 15:20:32 |Display all floors
in london you can order coke faster than a pizza   
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-28 22:22:09 |Display all floors
Where is UYA to defend his advocacy of legalizing the consumption of marijuana???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-5 07:48:07 |Display all floors
The REAL problem with drugs (both minor like cannabis and harmful like cocaine) is that they are  illegal and provide money to criminal gangs. And they are so expensive that addicts must steal. My solution is for governments to sell the drugs (as a monopoly) and drive the criminals out of the drug business. Let the addicts buy their drugs cheaper so they don't need to steal.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-5 22:14:28 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-6-27 02:07
Illegal drug use in the USA is rampant thanks in no small part to the glamorization of its use in th ...

Whether Hollywood glamorizes drug use depends on its depiction. Sometimes it does, other times it does not.

Recently I saw the movie Wild. Parts of the film portray the actress shooting up. I did not interpret this as glamorous. The film seemed to intend it to show the spiral of problems faced by the protagonist after losing her mother. This is an example of drug use that is not glamorous.

The movie Traffic also comes to mind. It portrays the lives touched by drug trafficking from Mexico to the U.S. None of it seemed "glamorous."

Some films intend to portray drug use as a way of life. For example, in the film Platoon, the use of drugs did not seem glamorous because the soldiers were fighting a war in a jungle across the globe from their homes. It seemed that drug use in this context conveyed the way the soldiers lived.

Similarly, the film Pulp Fiction did not glamorize drug use. It was part of the film's action. For example, John Travolta must "jump start" Uma Thurman's heart after she ODs on heroin, which she mistook for cocaine. That was hardly glamorous. Instead, the drugs were a device in the film's plot.

Some films portray drug use in a humorous light. For example, Cheech and Chong come to mind. Similarly, Eric Stoltz' character in Pulp Fiction provided elements of humor.

And some films portray drugs as glamorous. Movies like American Gangster, Scarface, Goodfellas, and others, portray the accumulation of wealth that can accompany a life in drug trafficking. These films also show the downfall of the people involved. Usually, these kinds of movies do not leave false impressions about the life of drug kingpins.

I cannot think of any movies that left me feeling like I wanted to use illegal substances.

There might be a few movies or T.V. shows that do glamorize drug use, I guess I don't watch enough T.V. or movies.

Can you name a few films or T.V. shows robert?
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-5 22:15:49 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-6-27 02:07
Illegal drug use in the USA is rampant thanks in no small part to the glamorization of its use in th ...

Whether Hollywood glamorizes drug use depends on its depiction. Sometimes it does, other times it does not.

Recently I saw the movie Wild. Parts of the film portray the actress shooting up. I did not interpret this as glamorous. The film seemed to intend it to show the spiral of problems faced by the protagonist after losing her mother. This is an example of drug use that is not glamorous.

The movie Traffic also comes to mind. It portrays the lives touched by drug trafficking from Mexico to the U.S. None of it seemed "glamorous."

Some films intend to portray drug use as a way of life. For example, in the film Platoon, the use of drugs did not seem glamorous because the soldiers were fighting a war in a jungle across the globe from their homes. It seemed that drug use in this context conveyed the way the soldiers lived.

Similarly, the film Pulp Fiction did not glamorize drug use. It was part of the film's action. For example, John Travolta must "jump start" Uma Thurman's heart after she ODs on heroin, which she mistook for cocaine. That was hardly glamorous. Instead, the drugs were a device in the film's plot.

Some films portray drug use in a humorous light. For example, Cheech and Chong come to mind. Similarly, Eric Stoltz' character in Pulp Fiction provided elements of humor.

And some films portray drugs as glamorous. Movies like American Gangster, Scarface, Goodfellas, and others, portray the accumulation of wealth that can accompany a life in drug trafficking. These films also show the downfall of the people involved. Usually, these kinds of movies do not leave false impressions about the life of drug kingpins.

I cannot think of any movies that left me feeling like I wanted to use illegal substances.

There might be a few movies or T.V. shows that do glamorize drug use, I guess I don't watch enough T.V. or movies.

Can you name a few films or T.V. shows robert?
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.