Views: 56677|Replies: 151

Polish girl says China safe   [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 2

Post time 2018-6-23 17:36:49 |Display all floors
(Xinhua) -- Is China a safe place for foreigners? A Polish girl living in China gave a definite yes to this question on her recent youtube video, which has been endorsed by many others with comments below.

The girl, named by Kaja on youtube, made a video filming herself going out alone at night in the Chinese city of Shanghai. She walked in the dark streets, took subways, and used her phone all the way. "I feel safer in Shanghai than I feel in Poland and Copenhagen where I grew up," said the girl.

"In Copenhagen, when walking at night, I did experience men making me feel uncomfortable, like a group of men yelling stuff at you. I never experienced that in China, and it never happens to any of my friends," Kaja said.

Kaja's feeling was echoed by many others. "Nic Freeman" said in his comment that he'd been to at least five countries, and "have to say that China is the safest."

"Shawon M" commented: "If you look up the crime rate index on google you will find that China even has lower crime rate than Canada, it's one of the safest countries in the world. Consider its massive area and population, China is doing a good job."

Kaja said the misconception that China is unsafe might come from western media's tendency to portray China as a dangerous and weird place, but herself, personally had never experienced anything that made her uncomfortable.

"I could never ever have imagined this 'scary foreign place' would feel so much like home," Kaja said.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2018-6-23 18:51:46 |Display all floors
re:   Consider its massive area and population, China is doing a good job."


  True indeed, at the same time rather embarrassing for the West.



Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-23 18:56:41 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-23 21:20:57 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2018-6-24 00:22:22 |Display all floors
"Shawon M" commented: "If you look up the crime rate index on google you will find that China even has lower crime rate than Canada, it's one of the safest countries in the world. Consider its massive area and population, China is doing a good job."

According to Nationmaster, China has 13,410 murders per year vs. Canada's 554.
Fear of Crime (walking alone) is 85.71% vs. Canada's 84.64%.

Yes, I'd have to agree that she has been pretty lucky so far.

At the same time, however, you have to consider population density. Canada has a population of 39 million, which is mostly (85%) concentrated around its southern border. China's population of 4.1 billion, is 105 times larger, with only about 60% in the east and south. The other 40% is scattered throughout the rest of the country, with higher concentrations in capitol cities. It is quite difficult, really, to compare two countries with such a wide difference in population numbers.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2018-6-24 07:30:31 |Display all floors
"China is unsafe might come from western media's"

Not "might" it is from the western media.  China is doing an excellent job to keep their citizens safe.
Human lives mean little when those in the WEST see a bigger gain through war

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-24 08:32:47 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.