Views: 5134|Replies: 21

Should China's Yulin Dog Meat Festival be banned?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-6-23 17:07:50 |Display all floors
On June 21, Yulin, a small city in Guangxi Province, China, celebrated an annual dog-meat festival amid intense criticism from animal rights groups, which have denounced the one-day event as unsafe and inhumane.

Residents of Yulin in Guangxi province consider the festival an ancient summer solstice tradition. Many cherish their city's dog-meat culture, which involves the mass consumption of dog-meat hotpot served with lychees and strong grain liquor.

Animal rights groups say 10,000 dogs are slaughtered during the festival each year, and that many are electrocuted, burned and skinned alive. Pictures posted online show flayed dogs, dogs hanging from meat hooks, and piles of dog corpses on the side of the road.

What do you think of Yulin Dog Meat Festival? Should it be banned in China?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-23 21:18:40 |Display all floors
I say it for the second time: Yulin should be nuked. Its Barbarian residents should be dispersed. They have no culture, no humanity, no decency.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-23 22:30:50 |Display all floors
I don't have much against eating dog meat (though I would avoid eating it myself), but slaughter of animals (as well as raising and transportation of livestock) in general should be done in least painful ways possible.

What I hear from Yulin, is that the humans make it point to cause stress to the animals before and while being killed, to enhance flavors.

I do object that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-23 22:40:13 |Display all floors
If cows are my pet, should people ban beef eating?
If chicken are my pet, should people ban chick eating?

Nonsense.

Do you understand the law of Chinese? There's no such a law that forbide people to eat dogs. Your remarks have little basis in the law of China.

Dog eating is Chinese culture with the descriptions in Chinese classical literature as well as Jing Yong's novel.

Aussies also eat kangaroo's meat too. Do you want to ban that? Silly remarks.

Why do Chinese people have to cater for the taste of Western culture? No, they should learn to respect ours.

Prostitution is legalized in Western countries, should China follow suit?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-24 10:10:18 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-23 21:18
I say it for the second time: Yulin should be nuked. Its Barbarian residents should be dispersed. Th ...

To eat dog means barbarian, to eat cow meat means humane or to eat vegetables means divine? All are lives.
If people in Yulin should be nuked, how about people in Europe and Americas, are they to be put into hell and burned alive?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-24 10:12:22 |Display all floors
Guangxi is not a province in the current regime, as Beijing is not a province, if you don't know the administrative system of China, Baidu it before posting your foolish thread.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-24 11:26:38 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-23 21:18
I say it for the second time: Yulin should be nuked. Its Barbarian residents should be dispersed. Th ...

Determined

Are you steadfast in your determination to stamp out the remnants of biodiversity ?
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.