Views: 63471|Replies: 346

Public smoking: To ban or not?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-6-19 15:04:53 |Display all floors
Hangzhou, capital of East China's Zhejiang province, has given a green light to setting up indoor smoking areas in public places in a draft of its newly revised smoking control regulation. The amendment has raised widespread outcry because only four months ago Hangzhou reiterated its ongoing efforts to implement a smoking ban in all indoor public places.

Critics say that if the revised smoking control regulation is adopted, it will be a step backward. But the fact is many cities have followed Hangzhou's example in carrying out a total ban on public smoking, but the zero tolerance has existed in name only. Because of the lack of enforcement, smoking in public has not been curbed and the total smoking ban has become a laughingstock. What do you think about Hangzhou's proposed adjustment of its regulation?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-19 15:28:54 |Display all floors
I can promise you all that red-hot Mr Pee is going to roar into this debate with all cylinders firing and himself fuming and smoking with wrath. He is gonna smoke out this idea and tits proponents. There will be many fumigating dead shortly.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2018-6-19 18:09:35 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-19 15:28
I can promise you all that red-hot Mr Pee is going to roar into this debate with all cylinders firin ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-20 13:23:59 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-19 15:28
I can promise you all that red-hot Mr Pee is going to roar into this debate with all cylinders firin ...

So glad you got my message!  Why should we make it convenient for smokers to smoke in public?  In fact I have mentioned Hangzhou's half hearted smoking ban in my previous thread.  Smoking MUST be banned completely in public, to protect non smokers from poisonous secondhand smoke!  No IFs and Buts!!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-20 13:30:35 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-6-20 13:23
So glad you got my message!  Why should we make it convenient for smokers to smoke in public?  In  ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-20 13:34:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-6-20 13:38

" Public smoking: To ban or not?"

How dumb to ask that question!  Is there a better alternative to banning?  Why is China still dragging its feet on tobacco control, decades after it signed up to the Convention on Tabacco Control?  It must have a national ban on smoking in public, strictly enforced without exception!  It can't leave it to individual cities to come up with their own watered down version of tobacco control!  Hangzhou's smoking ban is a big joke!  And there re still many cities that do not ban smoking in public!  Latest count is, 20 cities have the ban, while the rest have none!  When are the rest doing something to protect non smokers?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-6-20 15:34:03 |Display all floors
woman in that pic looks smoking hot
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.