Author: Bingyangnoodles

Trump plays the world in his hand and others can only sigh [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Happiest Member

Post time 2018-6-12 06:51:22 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-6-11 13:53
" looking out for its people."?
Why did he launch war against other nations and innocent citizens  ...

I see that Trump is looking for what he believes are the interests of his countrymen. I admire his domestic policies and many of his foreign policies (not all). Many of the foreign policies, including bombing around the world, are long standing policies, not special to any single person or party in power. The President is not the supreme power in the USA, even though they sometimes like to convey that impression. The Congress is above the President.
I think it is good for every country to have a person like Trump to look out for what they believe is their country's interests. We dont have to agree with them 100%, but it is more fair and equitable. There will be greater peace because other leaders will naturally tend to oppose what is unfair to their own country.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-12 11:27:19 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2018-6-12 06:51
I see that Trump is looking for what he believes are the interests of his countrymen. I admire his ...

Wow - you should talk to more americans.  He is only out to please his base.  He has been extremely offensive to every minority in the country.  He has even threatened the limited sovereignty of native american lands.  Our country has never been more divided.   We have more hate crimes and just plain more hate towards one another.  It goes both ways.  Trump has encouraged rampant racism so you have all those jerks out there threatening minorities and getting violent.  And then you have the other side that may beat you up if you wear one of his hats 'make american great again'.   

Its been the darkest period I've ever witnessed in my life.  Honestly, I don't know that we will ever recover.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-12 12:31:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by seneca at 2018-6-12 12:34
JFenix Post time: 2018-6-11 20:37
Let me ask you this one question:

What makes you feel pride in America today?

But you have said it many times alreadyË The Supremacist Whites can now take "pride" in being US Americans. Not the Blacks, Hispanics, Aboriginals, Hawaiian Natives, the immigrants.

To the honour of Whites: Not all Whites endorse this kind of "pride". Most Whites are not supremacists. And not everybody thinks it is good policy to pursue ethno-centred politics.

It is time to ditch the excesses of special considerations to "minorities". It is high time to consider the negative fallout from hyphenated identities. And it is high time to end blaming all the ills on the Whites.

Basically, Donald Trump is the US American Republicans[ president. Take it up with that party. You would do the rest of the world a big favour. The Republicans are a pain in the world=s mind.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-12 12:36:43 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2018-6-11 20:35
"Trump looking out for its white people. Congratulations USA!"

There.  Fixed it for you.

Let me fix your defective version:

"Donald Trump is looking out for US America's White Repblicans".

How many US Americans are Republicans???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-12 21:46:12 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-12 12:31
But you have said it many times alreadyË The Supremacist Whites can now take "pride" in being US A ...
It is time to ditch the excesses of special considerations to "minorities".

What needs to stop is all the defensiveness and for people to open their hearts.  

The older I get, the more I think Germany was pure genius in the way they handled post- WWII.  Much of our problems stem from not really dealing with our past.  For many white people - they have to carry this burden around of trying to justify or downplay parts of our past.   But the way Germany did this?  German citizens today are not burdened with trying to make the nazis seem okay.  They made a clear separation.  No one would ever call a german today a 'nazi' or hold them responsible for the past.  But in America, we are still judged by our past.  No clear separation was made after the civil war.  So we are still burdened by all the guilt.  Its the guilt and shame that causes all the defensiveness from white people.  That defensiveness, in turn, leads to the impression of racism from minorities.  Its a cycle.

We need healing.  But I don't see it happening in this environment.  

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member

Post time 3 DayEarlier |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2018-6-11 20:37
Let me ask you this one question:

the idea is to keep the families together on the other side of the border
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2 DayEarlier 01:27 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-6-20 23:46
the idea is to keep the families together on the other side of the border

You didn't answer my question.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.