Author: ceciliazhang

Women-only swimming lane in China ignites debate [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-6-6 11:18:08 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-6-5 18:27
Some men can't keep their hands to themselves.
Its a good move

Just because 'some men' behave badly does not mean all men must be discriminated against for the sake of some women!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-6 11:40:50 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-6-6 11:12
This is the news item that prompted me to post the thread, 'Sexism is fast rearing its ugly head in  ...

I really have no problem with that. In some countries, there are some hours reserved for women in swimming pools. Women would feel comfortable without being hit in a women-only swimming lanes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-6 11:59:22 |Display all floors

omen from some perceive

This post was edited by pnp at 2018-6-6 12:03
ceciliazhang Post time: 2018-6-6 11:40
I really have no problem with that. In some countries, there are some hours reserved for women in  ...

Yes, that's obvious, from a woman's standpoint, but have you thought of the problem it creates for men?   This move is not justified; what other special privileges would women be clamoring for next?   How about a special lane for women in shopping malls to protect women from some perceived threats from men?   There is no end to it!  This craziness must stop!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-6 13:09:00 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-6-6 11:14
Don't worry, I am here! This thread is similar to my other sexist thread!

Yes, you post plenty of seksist beliefs, including the one that females should be encouraged to show off their flesh even when it is inappropriate.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-6 13:15:25 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-6-6 11:59
Yes, that's obvious, from a woman's standpoint, but have you thought of the problem it creates for  ...

Now you see how exposed female skin acts on the reflexes of some males: It triggers inappropriate responses, and as a result, special precautions have to be taken. WHen these are taken, you are upset because "they discriminate against men". Frankly, I would rather go along with separate swimming hours for men and for women, irrespective of the "inconvenience" this creates.

Have you ever heard of naturalists? Naturalists are women and men who take off all clothes in order to feel natural and free. There is nothing erotic about this. SUch people have to join an assosication of like-minded people to enage in their pleasures. WHen they choose to meet in public swimming pools, they have to negotiate a special deal. Some indoors swimming pools for example close their facilities to members of the general public so that naturalists can enjoy themselves among like-minded members. DOes this create "inconvenience" to others? You bet it does, but tolerance prevails in most cases. When will you discover the joys and benefits of being tolerant?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2018-6-6 13:15:35 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-6-6 11:18
Just because 'some men' behave badly does not mean all men must be discriminated against for the s ...

Blame the authorities then..
When are they going to take sexual attacks against women seriously?
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-6 13:28:43 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-6 13:09
Yes, you post plenty of seksist beliefs, including the one that females should be encouraged to sh ...

You are exaggerating; I never said they shd be encouraged to show off their flesh; I merely said, wearing less in the scorching heat of summer is appropriate!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.