Author: ceciliazhang

What can India learn from China’s emergence as a global higher education hub? [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Happiest Member

Post time 2018-6-6 09:41:34 |Display all floors
India has a long way to go... First and foremost it needs a meritocracy in education at least. this is not possible due to reservation for people of different religions and 'castes'.. politically it is not possible and so, a lot of the best brains and talent will flee India for the foreseeable future. I see no end to this. Without a meritocracy, no high quality can emerge in education or elsewhere. China is leagues ahead and competes against the best in the world now... India has small pockets of excellence and they are a an ironic reminder of what could be possible if the system changed. Not likely unless there is a catastrophic reset or something in society which is also not very desirable.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-6 11:00:52 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2018-6-6 09:41
India has a long way to go... First and foremost it needs a meritocracy in education at least. this  ...

But there's a great future ahead for the two biggest Nations on Earth.

Welcoming Modi's visit to Wuhan, capital of central China's Hubei Province, Xi said in the past three years, he and Modi have established a good working relationship through mutual visits and meetings at multilateral events, according to Chinese officials.

The two leaders have reached many important consensuses via these meetings, which have sent the world a positive signal on China-India friendship and reflected the strong will of the two emerging economies to enhance mutually beneficial cooperation and achieve common development, according to Xi.
  Xi suggested that both sides should look at the complete picture of Sino-Indian ties from a strategic perspective, so as to ensure that relations between the two countries always proceed in the right direction. It is understood that all contentious issues were touched upon at the delegation level talks following one-on-one Summit.
   During their visit to an exhibition of cultural relics at Hubei Provincial Museum on Friday afternoon, Xi said that the culture that rose around the region of Hubei Province in ancient times was an important part of and played a decisive role in the development of the Chinese civilization. Both China and India are countries with a splendid history and culture, and there are many similarities between cultures of the two countries, Xi said, according to Xinhua.

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-8 01:24:04 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2018-6-5 20:41
India has a long way to go... First and foremost it needs a meritocracy in education at least. this  ...

Do you think the collapse of Congress and the rise of the BJP is one factor in hindering the development of a meritocracy? I realize that Congress had plenty of its own corruption; but is not the BJP worse? It is also full of religious intolerance.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-8 06:47:30 |Display all floors

Old India just came out of 2000 years long super notorious caste system, that they practiced over Chinese-looking indigenous natives in 'Old Northern India', from today's Nepal to the North-East.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-8 06:54:18 |Display all floors
sobabe Post time: 2018-6-8 06:47
Old India just came out of 2000 years long super notorious caste system, that they practiced over  ...

I think Sobabe My Baby, you drew the wrong lottery ticket this time.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Happiest Member

Post time 2018-6-8 09:40:53 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-6-8 03:24
Do you think the collapse of Congress and the rise of the BJP is one factor in hindering the devel ...

I am afraid, you are very misinformed, Ted. If you read the policies advocated by the BJP, it is for a meritocracy and the old corrupt Congress party wants to keep the old reservation system going. It was originally put in for a short period when the Constitution was written. The Congress extended it and added more groups to pander to before it expired and keeps trying to retain power based on pandering to different vote segments. BJP will find it hard to run against that policy and win, but is still managing to do well because more and more people are getting wiser to the consequences of an idiocracy versus meritocracy. The meddling Western powers always preferred Congress, except under Indira Gandhi when she was not compliant to them, and her son too. Now the remnants of the Congress and its family are just  terrible for the country.. The mainstream media is more blatantly bought off than in the USA, it is a credit to the Indian population that more have woken up to the truth, just like in the USA. Modi and BJP are the best alternatives and choices available to Indians, just like Trump and his supporters are in the USA. How are you Canadians doing under Trudeau? All happy?
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.