Author: ceciliazhang

Every amazing, strange, and delicious food I tried in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-6-4 11:02:09 |Display all floors
One of China's biggest ethnic minorities is the Tujia, who live in the Wuling mountains. Their cuisine, which I tried while staying in Wulingyuan, is marked by a mix of spicy and sour flavors. This fermented spicy tofu had a pungent, sour flavor. It's definitely an acquired taste, but I found it addicting. The other dish is glass noodles topped with fish roe.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:02:53 |Display all floors
The Tujia restaurant recommended this dish of stir-fried shredded bamboo shoots and pork belly. It came in a sizzling pot and had a smoky, savory flavor.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:03:35 |Display all floors
Stir-fried eggs and tomatoes is a common Chinese comfort food. Most regions have a version of it. Huangshi fried small fish is a dish of small anchovy-like white fish that have been battered and fried whole. It's a tasty appetizer.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:04:32 |Display all floors
One of the most amazing things about China is that it's pretty hard to come across bad food so long as you go to busy restaurants. I had this Szechuan spicy spare rib noodle soup at the airport in Zhangjiajie, a city in Hunan province.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:05:25 |Display all floors
One of the most famous dishes in Shanghainese cuisine is xiao long bao (literally "little dragon bun"). It's a steamed dumpling filled with pork and soup. Jia Jia Tang Bao is one of the top places in Shanghai to get the dish.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:06:05 |Display all floors
One variant on xiao long bao are crab-stuffed. Jia Jia Tang Bao's crab soup dumplings had paper-skin thin and a ton of crab meat, but I found them too flimsy. The soup fell right out.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:06:47 |Display all floors
While roast pork and duck are typically Cantonese dishes, you can find them in most major Chinese cities. This lunch set came with pickled veggies, steamed bok choy, and clear broth. It's very common for Chinese meals to have a soup included.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.