Author: reedak

Democracy calls into question after Trump election   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-6-4 00:56:03 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-2 23:15
Right. Democracy hit a pothole in the road and suffered a setback in the USA. But what if the car ge ...

Well-said!
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 03:03:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2018-6-5 01:15
Ted180 Post time: 2018-6-4 00:56
Well-said!

US “democracy” is now the rule of the mob based on the politics of hate and not the rule of the law based on the politics of ideals. This is not an aberration but a fatal flaw of “democracy” as a system of government. Plato himself believed that the “democracy” of the masses will inevitably lead to the tyranny of the majority. After all, “democracy” is about giving power to the masses. And what do the masses want? They want to hate. That’s why Trumpism is so dangerous to the Western Oligarchies who are doing everything they can to stop Trumpism.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-4 07:14:20 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-6-4 00:56
Well-said!

Have you seen the other responses? There are many, MANY anti-democrats in our forum, i.e. people who deny their fellow citizens the joys of and the right to democracy. I think they are anti-human. They are enemies of ordinary people.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-4 07:18:16 |Display all floors
reedak Post time: 2018-6-3 13:24
Good.  Please enlighten us on all the necessary steps taken by you to repair the pothole of democr ...

Democracy in Sweden, Luxembourg, Switzerland never gets talked about by you backward naysayers because there is nothing to discuss but plenty to admire, and admire you do but not publicly because that would mean you recognise that some countries are ahead of everyone else. China is constantly in the news and discussions because of its malfunctioning regime.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 15:09:53 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-6-4 15:18
seneca Post time: 2018-6-3 12:15
Right. Democracy hit a pothole in the road and suffered a setback in the USA. But what if the car ge ...

"Other systems have bigger potholes in the roads' surfaces, more frequent breakdowns and seldom achieve any national objectives. "

Instead of beating round the bush why don't you just come straight to the point and let off your usual anti-CPC rants!  It's obvious who you are hinting at, so stop the less-informed readers guessing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 15:17:40 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-3 18:09
US America is NOT my responsibility; ask Booby to show his patriotism.

N Korea officially calls  ...

What's your problem?  Nations can call themselves whatever they like, such as Democratic Republic of  Congo!  Why should they conform to your definition of democracy, and in any case, no single nation has the trade mark to that term!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 15:25:04 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-6-4 15:09
"Other systems have bigger potholes in the roads' surfaces, more frequent breakdowns and seldom ach ...

You are off the rocker again. WHy should I come down on the CPC in this thread? THe thread purports to condemn democracy as a failed way to find national leaders. I pointed out that democracy has been a winner throughout its history except for the few times it hit a pothole.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.