Views: 10855|Replies: 8

Chinese scholars should do more lessons on language [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-5-29 12:50:52 |Display all floors
Language is smart tool for thinking that is also be thought as the engine of the education-train! ---------------That junior-Middle-school Chinese student  got the  nobel prize on literature whose success has exposed some problem on language-teaching in China!----------------------Are the professors poorer  than the pupil on knowledge?-------------No body believe that senior scholars are not as clever as the prize-winner!---------------The problem is that most of the countless chinese teachers have been defeated by themselves on thinking-writing method who are not as free as the farmer-like writer (Mr. Mo-yan)! On one hand, Chinese people should do fine work on how to translate our ancient civilization into accurate mandarin;On the other hand Chinese language should be enriched by absorbing more English concepts!

Try ro use simple words for teaching and communication in daily life that is essential to the success of our education!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-29 14:56:52 |Display all floors
Yesterday on the conference of developing science and technology, President Xi made an inspiring speech that has driven me think a lot about the bottom reason why we are so poor on education! -----------------Any art, literature, science can not be go without language!  A good active language environment is ideal to train students including ourselves!
We read ancient novels or poems through which we can learn from ancestors on how to express self by all means instead or simply repeating their flowery words for satisfaction!;
We learn foreign language to find out how foreign friends do wonderful thinking in daily life as well as on academic research!
Newton's theory is translated into a long novel in which simple principals are told in a curved way that has wasted too much extra energy for Chinese learners! -----------------The quality of our textbooks and TV-shows are not as bright as the foreign ‘Moon' which are not as good for the kids to develop logical thinking!---------------This is a serious language-troubles for our normal progress on civilization! What a pity it is for the nation!
Try ro use simple words for teaching and communication in daily life that is essential to the success of our education!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-5-29 17:06:35 |Display all floors
His full name is Mo Yan, by the way; not "Mo-yan". Mo and Yan are two names, the surname and the given name. Don't link them with a "-".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-29 22:39:07 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-5-29 17:06
His full name is Mo Yan, by the way; not "Mo-yan". Mo and Yan are two names, the surname and the giv ...

Thanks for your modification! That is good for me as well as english learners!  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-13 12:03:47 |Display all floors
"Here I must make a statement:“Searu is not traitor to his mother   nation's culture! I try hard to learn sth from English and do what I can to develop our own civilization! ”
It is fair trade for us to learn from each other in the education field on world stage.
This is market requirement that Chinese must first have a good study about other nations' culture and then introduce our own to the world!  Such process is meaningful for the real progress of our traditional civilization."

The above is new reply to other's comment to my blog <English is colorful>

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-13 12:53:14 |Display all floors
You know I really only bring up grammar points with extreme reluctance but you and I have previously agreed that you use the preposition "on" way TOO OFTEN.

"...nobel prize on literature..."
"...problem on language-teaching..."
_... poorer than the pupils on knowledge?"
"...defeated by themselves on thinking-writing method..."

Every single "on" - and others that I did not bother copying and pasting - is wrong, SEARU. I suggest you consciously eliminate the word "on" in four out of every five instances when you want to insert it.
\
"chinese" is still written with a CAPITAL "C"... And Mo Yan is known to us not so much as a middle school pupil but as an adult, grown-up and highly educated writer!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-13 12:54:59 |Display all floors
Oh shush, this thread is not new!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.