Author: tenderloin

Trump wants temporary true in trade war w China to take care NK & iran [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-5-24 16:09:14 |Display all floors
US may recognize Israel's annexation of Golan Heights within months: Minister.

In an exclusive interview with Reuters on Wednesday, Yisrael Katz, Israel’s intelligence minister, said the subject is “topping the agenda” in talks with Washington, which has already recognized Jerusalem al-Quds as the “capital” of Israel and moved its embassy from Tel Aviv to the occupied Palestinian city.

He also claimed that America’s recognition of Israel’s annexation of occupied Golan would serve as a message of warning to Iran and bolster the latest wave of anti-Iran efforts by the US administration under President Donald Trump.

This is the perfect time to make such a move. The most painful response you can give the Iranians is to recognize Israel’s Golan sovereignty - with an American statement, a presidential proclamation, enshrined (in law),” Katz said.

“I reckon there is great ripeness and a high probability this will happen,” the Israeli intelligence minister pointed out, predicting that the decision could be made later this year “give or take a few months.”

A White House official, however, declined to comment on Katz’s claims.

Meanwhile, Israel’s Likud Party lawmaker Yoav Kish has written to US Ambassador to Israel David Friedman, urging Washington to recognize Israeli “sovereignty” over the occupied Golan Heights, the Jerusalem Post reported.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-27 17:19:17 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2018-5-24 11:01
re: You are a good example of what China is still like today.

I wasn't born in the Middle Kingdo ...

I wasn't born yesterday. If the Middle Kingdom is so great now as you say, believe me when I say, word of mouth travels fast. The whole world would know about it by now. All overseas Chinese would be scrambling to get back in. As of yet, no one knows except you. What does that say?

Mainland Chinese people would talk about the "regime" to me back then when I knew nothing about communism....I was like, weird, what is a regime; what regime is there in China today? ....today I understand. Actually you know China better than me, and you know all its faults better than me. You just refuse to accept the truth....To move forward, first accept the truth as it is. Once you have done that, come back and talk to me again.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.