Views: 645|Replies: 1

Do Chinese have a prom? [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-5-15 22:50:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by HailChina! at 2018-5-16 08:15

I was just reading reading a reply on the thread about the schoolgirl that is being attacked by liberals for wearing a Chinese dress to her school prom and I wondered why a prom would be in May rather than at the end of the year. I always assumed that a prom would be in November or December at the end if the year so I did an internet search and found that Americans have school years that end around May or June which seems really stupid to me. I am from Australia and out school year ends at the end of the year in December.

Anyway - while looking at the search results I see articles about how they have proms in Britain now and I thought that was really stupid too. I have always thought that American proms are lame as hell - especially the prom king and prom queen thing. Americans are $%$%ing idiots and apparently so are the British. Proms in Britain. Ha. How embarrassing.

In Australia we have a thing called a Formal instead of a prom. Its a bit like an American prom I guess but not as lame. You dress in formal clothes and your parents come and you eat a nice meal and people make speeches and stuff and then your parents go home and you have a dance. There are no formal kings or queen's. That would be so lame.

We don't have formal kings or queens but often the year below the graduating year will be responsible for raising money throughout the year to help cover the cost of the formal and help organize it. When I was the year below the graduating class at my highschool I was on the student representative council because I was the most popular male in my class I guess. I had an SRC badge and everything.  And the female student representative council chick was this really hot chick. So this really hot girl and I, along with our year advisor, had the responsibility of putting the formal on basically. We had to raise the money through the year and bank it - and we had to plan the thing and we also had to host it. I had to make a speech about the graduating class and it was a great speech. More than one parent complimented me on my public speaking ability. Anyway - Australian school formals are much better than lame American school proms.

Where I am from in addition to a school formal we also have debutant balls which happen around this time of year. So we get a Deb and a Formal. Both are better than stupid lame American school proms.

So I was wondering what you do in China. Do you Chinese have a lame school prom like the stupid Americans or British? Do you agree that it would be a much better idea for Chinese to have a Formal like us Australians rather than a lame 'prom' like lame and stupid Americans and British? What do you have in China?

And if any British read this - what did you have before you started having American proms 15 years ago? A Formal? Or nothing? Why don't you have a Formal?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-5-15 23:17:07 |Display all floors
Do you British have prom kings and queens? Ha. A prom. Oh my God.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-5-16 06:45:32 |Display all floors
If Chinese don't have proms or formals then uoi should because its bog business. Having school formals is great for the economy. Better still - double up and have debutant balls in the middle of the year and then formals at the end of the year. That way the schoolgirls need two expensive dresses and what not.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.