Views: 6800|Replies: 6

The Chinese-version Hachiko: Every day it waits [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-5-3 14:43:01 |Display all floors
9de7fb1fe21e4b1ab21ca11e7f0d2439.jpg

(From CGTN) Dogs have always been the most loyal friends of humans, but have you ever met one that waits at the subway station every day for its owner to return from work?

A dog in southwest China’s Chongqing every day has become a local celebrity for doing this, and has gained fame on Chinese social media leading to many netizens coming to visit him.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-3 14:43:38 |Display all floors
44fbae0c1baf4e7e8766e507a532cc77.jpg

Chongqing: Xiongxiong waits outside the subway station for his owner to return home every day. /CGTN screenshot of Pear Video

Xiongxiong, a 15-year-old dog, was found outside a local bank by a man surnamed Qin around eight years ago. Qin adopted the dog immediately and, since then, the dog waits outside Liziba station in Chongqing’s Yuzhong District after his owner goes to work and stays there until he returns.

“I’ve been raising Xiongxiong for around eight years,” said Qin, “Every day he waits at the subway station for me to return.”

The dog’s loyalty reminded people of Hachiko, a Japanese dog that lived in the 1920s and was remembered for its remarkable loyalty. Hachiko used to greet his owner at a subway station when he returned from work every day and continued doing so for nine years after his owner died.

Qin usually goes to work between 7 and 8 a.m. and returns around 12 hours later. During the entire day, Xiongxiong stays outside the subway station and waits.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-3 14:44:08 |Display all floors
a8ef36e0e6704d1e90e4f7ec8b626b3a.jpg

Xiongxiong barks and wags his tail when his owner shows up in the subway station. /CGTN screenshot of Pear Video

As seen on Pear Video, the moment Qin walks out from the subway, Xiongxiong barks and wags his tail, expressing his excitement to see his owner at the end of the day.

“Xiongxiong behaves very well outside the subway station and never eats anything given to him by other people,” said a local resident to Pear Video, “He just waits for his owner here and gets extremely excited when he shows up.”

The story of Xiongxiong has been posted by many mainstream news outlets in China on social media, gaining thousands of comments and likes.

“For a dog, its owner means its entire life. Please be kind to them,” commented a user @woheqipashiyouderichang on China’s Twitter-like Weibo.

“I’m so moved by the loyalty of the dog. The 15-year-old dog might just want to spend more time with its owner during the rest of his life,” said anther Weibo user @kongqingwan.   

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2018-5-3 17:02:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2018-5-3 21:47

Wonderful
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-4 14:43:26 |Display all floors
Dogs

Why not have a permanent section for environmentally unfriendly crotch sniffers ?
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2018-5-5 12:52:24 |Display all floors
petera Post time: 2018-5-4 14:43
Dogs

Why not have a permanent section for environmentally unfriendly crotch sniffers ?

Don't worry petera we're working on a special area just for you and the other crotch sniffers, it's going to be called "Tinfoil hat wearers"

You'll be the first VIP to be condemned, oops I mean consigned there.  
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-5 16:28:54 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2018-5-5 12:52
Don't worry petera we're working on a special area just for you and the other crotch sniffers, it' ...

Tin Foil

I would love to sniff the crotches of attractive young chicks. Not too attractive a prospect for you I suppose.
Incidentally tin foil is not manufactured. I am not sure which NWO think tank concocted that stupid meaningless expression.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.