Views: 7812|Replies: 5

[Family] It was a beautiful goodbye [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-4-24 16:55:08 |Display all floors
My wife have been battling cancer for a year already. Just last week, she died in my arms. It was heartbreaking, I cried a lot, but the thought of still having our kids with me is enough to say “I need to move on”. Before that tragic event, she made me promised to take care of our kids and continue with my life. It took me seconds to respond. I said “Yes”. A week before her passing, I already accepted the fact that she’ll die soon. This was made clearer when our family doctor attested what I was thinking.

My memories with her are still fresh. Our first meeting to a romance date tour, our wedding day, welcoming our kids to our lives, until the day she closed her eyes and die. It might be unusual to say but “it was a beautiful goodbye” with her. I know she’s in the right place now. Years from now, I’ll be with her again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-24 17:05:00 |Display all floors
I'm deeply touched by your love. May she rest in peace and may you have the strength to move on. My prayers will be for you and your kids.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-24 19:13:51 |Display all floors
Sorry for your loss. May her rest in peace.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-25 22:33:02 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2018-4-24 17:05
I'm deeply touched by your love. May she rest in peace and may you have the strength to move on. My  ...

Thanks a lot! It feels good to have someone consoling me other than my relatives. Thanks for your prayers! Have a great one!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-27 14:24:01 |Display all floors
sorry for your loss .. May her rest in peace ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-27 15:10:42 |Display all floors
One error on grammar:
"she made me 'promise' to take care of our kids" --------------(Not promised)
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.