Author: yasawakic

AUSTRALIA SHOULD PROHIBIT KANGAROOS IN CHINA ZOOS [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-4-21 16:41:00 |Display all floors
So more than 70% of the meat is exported, mainly to Russia. Some of what remains is used as pet food (kangaroo butcher Cooper says his friends still tease him, asking: "You still got that pet meat shop?"). But the tail, and occasionally steak, are eaten enthusiastically by Australia's Chinese population, and Chinatown is one of the few places in Sydney where it can easily be bought. (bbc)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-21 16:50:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by zhihu1 at 2018-4-21 17:26

I condemned for the barbarian behaviour of a few Chinese zoo goers, but how come the accident was raised to the national level that the OP is in attempt to do.
This was totally an accident by some uneducated people who exist everywhere, every country.

Needless to mention about animals abuses, every country has crimes. Can the OP assure us that his own country is crime free? If any crime happens in his country, would he call for non-foreigner should go there? He is not going to do so.

I can see the hidden agenda behind his post.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-21 17:06:03 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-4-21 16:50
I condemned for the barbarian behaviour of a few Chinese zoo goers, but how come the accident raises ...

re: I can see the hidden agenda behind his post.

The more that poster carries on, the better for China...

A very simple one track minded person which should be totally ignored

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-4-21 17:25:04 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-4-21 16:39
Thank you for the info you posted, HailChina.

In the past, kangaroo meat was more widely accepted ...

They have a bush tucker festival where I am from. It is called Bush Tucker Day. Its pretty stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-21 17:26:15 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2018-4-21 17:06
re:  I can see the hidden agenda behind his post.

The more that poster carries on, the better f ...

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-21 21:47:28 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-4-21 16:08
You must have a scatter memory that Australia stole children from the aboriginals.

A thumb from a 2 ...

Could you not spare at least a token thought on the kangaroo killed by your thoughtless, heartless barbarous compatriots? All your other comments would be less offensive if you had it in your heart to empathise with a lovely animal held in a zoo.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-21 21:49:18 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-4-21 16:41
So more than 70% of the meat is exported, mainly to Russia. Some of what remains is used as pet food ...

So it's not wrong for Russians to buy slaughtered kangaroos for their consumption but it's wrong for Australians to catch and kill kangaroos?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.