Author: ceciliazhang

No ingredients from China? Hallmarks of bias and discrimination   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-9 21:04:19 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-9 16:28
So you must be OK with a sign outside a restaurant saying "No blacks allowed".
After all, the sign ...

Absolutely not. Why would you make such a false analogy? I got it: You are hopelessly and incurably daft.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-9 21:13:57 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-9 05:04
Absolutely not. Why would you make such a false analogy? I got it: You are hopelessly and incura ...

It is an accurate analogy. You are angry because of this simple fact.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-10 02:05:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2018-4-10 02:43
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-9 16:30
He changes his strips so often it's hard to tell.
Since it has no personality or identity it must b ...

He’s an alien from outer space impersonating a South African pretending to be a Western European.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-10 10:20:28 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-9 21:13

You are stretching the meaning of "accurate" to beyond the breaking point, Bob.

I fail to see anything accurate in your analogy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-10 10:32:49 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-9 21:13

I give you a point to reflect upon, so that perhaps you see how wrong you are: I have here Chinese-made pen cartridges. Everyone knows that ink made in China is unreliable or even useless. On the wrapper of each cartridge it clearly says in English and in Chinese "German-made Ink".

If I buy a household appliance, I will, like many others, limit my search to scanning a few Western brands plus a couple of Chinese ones such as HAIER or MIDEA. Buying brands with a high recognition-name affords me the assurance that I am most likely not going to be shortchanged. I will be given a warranty. Buying the product from a new startup is exposing myself to an avoidable risk.

China doesn't have many brands recognized as suppliers of classy, high-quality goods. It's a point of cultural significance. Chinese people lack the education that Westerners have. Their shopping criteria are different. The first demand by them is that something be cheap. Quality comes a distant second but only when comparisons are needed. Often the Chinese buy not cheap but expensive because they can afford to splurge. Then they show bad taste but they win kudos from their envious compatriots with less deep pockets.

Let us agree, though, that stating so bluntly that pet food contains no Chinese ingredients is a little offensive. But advertising often is offensive. For example the Chinese detergent maker who "laundered" an African person and obtained a "whitened" version of it was offensive. Benetton too has made several advertisements in which it played with the fates of invalids to show how popular Benetton is with normal people of all skin colours. In the end, it is the customers who decide whether they want to patronize such a company. Benetton for example has been steadily losing market share for several years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-10 10:53:12 |Display all floors
although see with your eyes doesn't mean it's true but you gotta see things with your eyes&heart and think about it then make your judgment .. So guys take your chance and see more things of this world which make you more wise and not ignore the facts and jump to the prejudice ..

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-10 11:24:50 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-9 18:20
You are stretching the meaning of "accurate" to beyond the breaking point, Bob.

I fail to see an ...

""I fail to see anything accurate in your analogy.""

Your ignorance is not my problem little monkey.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.