Views: 1117|Replies: 6

Tthe most polite countries in the World [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-8 04:37:08 |Display all floors
10.Japanese - Are people from Japan friendly? Oh.. Yes, definitely but you may want to learn some of their language basics so they can communicate with you. Japan is not really an English speaking zone, usually if you walk up to them, they'll just wave their hands,..and say "No.. English", but that's not rudeness. It's just not everyone speaks English. Japanese people have a very strong set of culture when they present themselves to visitors (foreigners), they bow and act politely when in front of a foreigner.

9.Danish - Aside from the wind turbines, bicycle and beer there something more to like about Danes. They are polite and almost all know how to speak English. Danes are a bit reserved though, they won't greet you or even smile at you if they don't know you, but ones you sit down to one of their "pubs" it's all good their very friendly people (maybe it's the alcohol Lol), they'll light up and become very friendly.

8.Canadian - I think no one will argue if I say, Canadians are friendlier than Americans. But, Why are Canadians friendlier than Americans? Why are violent cases in Canada much lower than in US? Which french fries is better Burger King or Mcdonalds? These mysteries of life perhaps we will never know the answers. Anyway going back, Canadians are really friendly, if your an immigrant you won't have a problem at all.

7.New Zealander - There called Kiwi's, and Maoris, (Kiwi's are the Europeans and Maoris are the original settlers)  Just like Danish people they are reserved but very polite, both Maori and Kiwi are very hospitable although Maori people extend their hospitality a little further than the Kiwi's.

6.Indonesian - Good news from Indonesia, they are very polite and are very tolerant to foreigners, If  you break a few  of their customs they'll understand, they won't be so quick to judge, and if your a foreigner try smiling at locals, you'll usually get a positive reply. Not smiling back is a sign of not being so nice to deal with.

5.Portuguese - Friendly and welcoming, I think that's the best way to describe the Portuguese people. They have the softest heart in Europe period. People are nice everywhere, I'll give you an example,True story here. I lost my bag at the airport, and on my way to the hotel, the taxi I was in had an accident (bumped by American tourists) Anyway, out of luck, no money and injured I was brought to the hospital. The doctors and nurses were very nice and when the doctor attending me, found out about my situation, he decided to call the airport himself and drop me off my hotel, and if you think about it, he could have just stitch my head and went on with his day. So friendly and nice, I wonder if I had an accident in New York, would the doctor do that for me, I just can hope.

4.Thai - Are Thai people friendly? YES, YES and YES... generally speaking YES, they give you big bright smiles, now they wouldn't call it land of smiles for nothing, right!?  Although their not that good in English they compensate it with politeness and eagerness to do good.

3.Filipino - Filipinos are the friendliest and happiest people in Asia, ones they know your a foreigner, they take it a step further to make you feel comfortable, they easily let go when you say something offensive and accept apologies right away, all Filipinos speak English (even the uneducated ones, expect college educated ones to speak English fluently), the Filipino people are also VERY CHEERFUL, they smile everyday at any given situation. They never forget to be happy, that's why their suicide rates are the lowest in the world.

2.Caribbean - If Filipinos are the happiest in Asia, the Caribbean's are the most fun loving people in the world., many islanders though are shy and it could be mistaken as unfriendliness, but rest assured they are one of the friendliest if not the friendliest people in the face of Earth. They have a "Don't worry, be happy attitude"

1.Brazilian- Are Brazillians polite? YES THEY ARE OUR WINNER. Brazilian people are the least rude in the world, but it still doesn't hide the fact that Brazil has a high crime rate. And tourists might get their wallets stolen from them if their not careful in Sao Paulo, so be careful. But in terms of politeness, they are the best in the world... there's nothing much I can say anymore good luck.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-8 13:16:24 |Display all floors
I don't want to nitpick. Anyone can make a personal list of friendly and friendlier nations. In my list the Japanese figure very high but I am not sure they are at the top. Singapore comes to mind too.

But is "friendly" the same as "polite"? I don't think so. Politeness often is the adopted attitude when one does not want to be friends with strangers. However, politeness is welcome between total strangers. Friendliness is more than that; it is an openness towards others. The more we travel, the fewer friends we will meet. When a country sees too many tourists, friendliness cedes to politeness and eventually to indifference. In Bali, Indonesia, for instance, I did not find a lot of friendly people. Polite they were, but also a bit cold.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-8 14:35:48 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-8 13:16
I don't want to nitpick. Anyone can make a personal list of friendly and friendlier nations. In my l ...

Jap's are 10th

Brazil is top

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-4-8 18:28:41 |Display all floors
I read a news item about a guy and his gf that went to Brazil and they were in a bus and the bus got hijacked by a group of thugs that threw the driver off the bus along with the few other passengers - then the thugs beat the guy up and handcuffed him to a bus seat and then they gang raped the absolute hell out of the guys gf in front if him while one of them kept driving the bus around. I wonder if the couple is still together these days. Anyway - I bet that if they are they won't he visiting Brazil again.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2018-4-9 15:39:11 |Display all floors
Malaysia number 1 for me
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2018-4-9 15:41:16 |Display all floors
Credit to the filipinos though..
they are not obsessed with money, even when they are poor. They make the most of life
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-9 16:23:04 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-4-9 15:41
Credit to the filipinos though..
they are not obsessed with money, even when they are poor. They mak ...

true,

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.