Author: pnp

Does Eating Live Tadpoles Cure Asthma? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-4-8 11:16:11 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2018-4-7 23:50
I'm afraid that neither claim is correct. The body will just digest the tadpoles, the same as it w ...

" Eating tadpoles is no different than eating silkworms, scorpions, or any other insect."

The key word here is' live',  tadpoles; the others are thoroughly cooked, hence unlikely to be harmful!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-8 11:21:49 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2018-4-8 04:43
Yes I have researched this in quite some detail, and the evidence I have come across is that eating  ...

Sounds like a joke!  You must have been reading more claims put forth by the quacks on the internet.  
I am extremely sceptical, would never advise anyone to put a live tadpole into his mouth to cure his asthma, or for that matter, cure any other sickness;  better to go seek qualified medical help!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-8 11:29:58 |Display all floors
Dracarys Post time: 2018-4-8 10:25
One of reason is medical fees is too high for some people so they seek help from the Internet ..

Can't agree with that; not that medical fees are too high, more likely they actually believe in that cure; and like most Chinese they want a fast cure.  There were many cancer patients who were cheated of their life's savings trying out unproven cures offered by fraudsters, out of desperation.  No different here, an asthma patient with recurring bouts of attack, eating live tadpoles in desperation!
China's medical fees are within reach of most Chinese, except those lving below the poverty line, which is not the case here!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-8 11:33:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-4-11 14:15
ceciliazhang Post time: 2018-4-8 10:57
How could it be possible? Eating live tadpoles can trigger a parasitic infection.

Austin would swallow a live frog if you were to tell him it could cure his hiccup!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-8 12:06:25 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-4-8 11:16
" Eating tadpoles is no different than eating silkworms, scorpions, or any other insect."

The key ...

This once I wholeheartedly agree with you.

It sickens me to read yet again of a cruelty to animals by mindless and self-centred people.

The superstition is relatively harmless but the cruelty to live beings is a matter of moral import.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-8 12:42:17 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-8 12:06
This once I wholeheartedly agree with you.

It sickens me to read yet again of a cruelty to anim ...

Yes, it is extremely cruel to swallow those live tadpoles.  But that kind of cruelty is prevalent throughout China!  Have you witnessed how Chinese chefs cook live fish,  prawns and crabs?  They put those poor creatures into a pot  or wok of boiling water, cover them with the lid and let them boil to death, extremely cruel!!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-8 13:03:27 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-4-8 12:42
Yes, it is extremely cruel to swallow those live tadpoles.  But that kind of cruelty is prevalent  ...

Many of my Chinese acquaintances have asked me why I can't eat seafood and fish. You could answer their question.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.