Author: pnp

Does Eating Live Tadpoles Cure Asthma? [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-4-7 19:30:27 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-4-7 16:56
'When these people have an asthma attack all they really need is for someone to slap them and and  ...
Three common asthma inhalers containing the drugs salmeterol or formoterol may be causing four out of five U.S. asthma-related deaths per year and should be taken off the market, researchers from Cornell and Stanford universities have concluded after a search of medical literature.

- Cornell chronicle
Why do so many people believe stuff just because the medical industry says it is a better question than yours. This why do people believe stuff from the internet nonsense of what $%$%wits that will believe anything from a guy in a labcoat will always say. University educated types are the most gullible you know. Just put it in a book and they will believe it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-7 23:50:17 |Display all floors
CCTV News reported, with video clips, a mother feeding live tadpoles in a bowl, to her asthmatic child, saying she learned from the internet that it could cure him of his asthma!

Doctors immediately responded that there is no truth in that claim; on the contrary, the child would get another health problem from eating tadpoles!  A video clip shows a growth in the body of a child in a previous case of tadpole eating.

I'm afraid that neither claim is correct. The body will just digest the tadpoles, the same as it would digest any other protein-based food source. Eating tadpoles is no different than eating silkworms, scorpions, or any other insect.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-4-8 04:18:37 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2018-4-7 23:50
I'm afraid that neither claim is correct. The body will just digest the tadpoles, the same as it w ...

Well what about that boy that ate a slug and now he is paralyzed. Don't French people like to eat slugs though?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-8 04:43:09 |Display all floors
Yes I have researched this in quite some detail, and the evidence I have come across is that eating Tadpoles DOES STOP the acceleration of Asthma. It also 'suggests' that there is a 90% chance that it could cure it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-8 10:25:01 |Display all floors
One of reason is medical fees is too high for some people so they seek help from the Internet ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-8 10:57:51 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2018-4-8 04:43
Yes I have researched this in quite some detail, and the evidence I have come across is that eating  ...

How could it be possible? Eating live tadpoles can trigger a parasitic infection.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-8 11:12:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-4-8 12:48
HailChina! Post time: 2018-4-7 19:20
And you know what else? People with asthma are twice as likely to get depression or anxiety. ... A ...

"There is no such thing as asthma. Its just in their heads."
Really?  So you think doctors all along have been wrong?  The psychosomatic part is one trigger, but so are others like cold drinks and pollen.  It is a medical condition, not a purely psychological one as you seem to suggest.  Asthma sufferers have actually died; so don't dismiss it too lightly!  Of course eating tadpoles is far from scientific!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.