Author: KIyer

EVIL or STUPID - Which is worse? [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-9 14:09:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2018-4-8 22:25
1584austin Post time: 2018-4-8 13:53
Nice to see you put your passport photo back on as your Avatar

I did you a favor, now how about doing me a favor.
Open a Taco Bell in Guilin for God sakes!

If you can be a clerk for one day I'll stand out in front and hand out taco shaped balloons to the kids.
My wife can tell passers by about tacos and burritos in fluent Mandarin (no need to mention she won't touch
either of them) and we can gauge her success by how many people come in to try them.

---------------------------
Will Tacos and Burritos Be a Hit in China?
Fast-food leader Yum China thinks they will be, and they have some evidence to back it up.
Nicholas Rossolillo
Jan 8, 2018 at 7:56PM

Yum China (NYSE:YUMC) -- the exclusive franchisor of KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell in China -- announced it will be building more Taco Bell stores.

The company, which was spun off from parent Yum! Brands (NYSE:YUM) late in 2016, has enjoyed initial success with the Mexican food-inspired brand -- which is great news for investors.
Testing "ethnic" cuisine

In early 2017, Yum China relaunched the Taco Bell franchise in Shanghai, marking its grand reentry into the world's most populous country after closing down a handful of stores back in 2008. The lone store, opened near the Oriental Pearl Tower and close to a new Pizza Hut concept store with robot greeters, has been in testing mode for the last year.

One of the reasons for splitting Yum China off from Yum! Brands was to give the former more flexibility to tailor its approach to the local customer base. In keeping with that thinking, the new Taco Bell's menu caters to Chinese tastes, has alcohol on tap, and exudes an upscale feel.

After 12 months in operation, management is pleased enough with results that it feels it's time to expand. It was announced at the end of December that two more stores similar to the first will open in Shanghai in upscale university and shopping districts.
----------------------------
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-9 14:09:54 |Display all floors
It's not evil or stupid.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.