Views: 26140|Replies: 22

Survey: Most Chinese want restrictions on electric bicycles [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-4-6 14:14:36 |Display all floors

More than 80 percent of respondents to a recent China Youth Daily survey suggest tightening management on electric bicycles.
The survey was released Tuesday. Of the 2,008 people it polled, 63.5 percent have electric bicycles.

Nearly 90 percent of those interviewed said improper behaviors are common among riders, including going too fast (56.5 percent), running red lights (52.6 percent) and driving in the wrong direction (52.3 percent).

A total of 64.4 percent of the respondents want better policing, while 59.3 percent suggested riders should be registered.

Zhao Jie, director of the Urban Transport Institute with China Academy of Urban Planning and Design, said though electric bicycles use should be encouraged among the public, management should be strengthened to reduce accidents.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-6 16:43:07 |Display all floors
Even in 3rd world countries to be on a public road with a fuel or battery operated vehicle, the driver must have a license and the vehicle must be registered.   
Human lives mean little when those in the WEST see a bigger gain through war

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-4-6 18:03:25 |Display all floors
Why shouldn't all bicycles have to be registered. Maybe China should poll citizens on what they think about the scourge of so-called shared bicycles. I bet most people hate them.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-4-6 18:13:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by HailChina! at 2018-4-6 18:14
1626548377 Post time: 2018-4-6 16:43
Even in 3rd world countries to be on a public road with a fuel or battery operated vehicle, the driv ...
What are the laws?

In Australia it is illegal to ride an electric bicycle on road or bike paths with a stated power output of more than 200w without a pedal assist system, or 250w with a pedal assist system

- dilengerelectric bikes.com

In Australia electric bikes can be ridden on public roads if they are under 200w without pedal assist or 250w. with pedal assist but there is basically no policing of electric bikes so eo many ride illegal electric bikes on public roads and get away with it. I hate cyclists and I want them all to have to get licenses and to have to register their bikes no matter what kind of bicycle they ride. Most people hate cyclists so why don't governments police them and make some revenue out of them? China is on the right track with this stuff. Well - Chinese bike share thing is utterly ludicrous but this idea above is good.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-7 03:07:15 |Display all floors
The Chinese are funny people. Everyone owns an e-bike or two and everybody is a public nuisance courtesy of their own e-bike. Yet they want OTHERS to obey the law and ride less invasively in public spaces. Do these simpletons actually think the laws only apply to their peers but not to themselves?

If all Chinese respected the basic commonsensical rules e-bikes wouldn't be a nuisance. In fact they are not the problem.

The problem I s the Chinese people and their lack of common sense. Whether they drive a car with a combustion engine, a bike or an electric vehicle, they invariably make themselves a problem to other people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-7 08:10:19 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-7 03:07
The Chinese are funny people. Everyone owns an e-bike or two and everybody is a public nuisance cour ...

Everyone owns a e-bike or two in China. Where did you get that info from?
Human lives mean little when those in the WEST see a bigger gain through war

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-7 10:12:00 |Display all floors
The day before yesterday I had to buy new electric bicycle for my daughter-in-law although that was not fit for new standard of the state technique requirement on such machines!
I think it would be unacceptable for many citizens if they are forced to give up their old vehicles since that would be a terrible waste on money! -------------It is practical and meaningful to educate people to pay much attention on transporting safety since there is nothing wrong with the tools on roads!
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.