Author: knox1234

Is “technology theft” the reason of US tariffs, or just an excuse? [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-8 12:23:07 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2018-4-6 11:38
what US made goods ??

When I was living in Shenyhen, a local enterprising investor bought several Greyhound buses and ferried people around. They were happy to travel first class compared with the proles who travelled in wood/class local buses. Of course, the importation of U.S.-made buses nearly busted the investor and I don't know what has become of his business by now.

But just so you see that the U.S. A. is an industrial powerhouse.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-8 12:31:27 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2018-4-7 06:25
what can we expect from robber barons and the outlaw cowboys off spring ???

Yeah, yeah, yeah, robber barons etc. Are they still alive? They should have gone the way the dinosaurs did. What about the Chinese SOEs? Aren't they the exact equivalent to "Robber Barons"?

Until yesterday I felt apprehension about the tit-for-tat trade war but then I read an intelligent piece of commentary by an economics guru. Let us face the truth: The trade war is not just about the U.S.A. and China. It is about the whole world that has become members of the WTO. Everyone will have to make concessions. The USA is finally forcing the Chinese to live up to commitments they made to the WTO and the USA will possibly pay. As will the Chinese. That is what is right. The whole West feels at present that the Chinese have been cheating the world far too long. I1ntellectual property theft is institutionalised in China. This has to change, and the imminent trade war certainly will give the Chinese an incentive to reform themselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-8 12:32:48 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2018-4-7 06:40
As usual, you are wrong.

Booby cannot help himself. He must be wrong or else he would feel itchy all day long, scratch himself and be a nuisance to his in-laws. To be right in such a matter would be like having a rash on his skin. He wants OTHERS to experience that...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-8 12:38:37 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-8 11:57
Now you are reaching.

I assumed the reader would know signing over all your rights to your i ...

E, Boob, how is the situation over in N Korea? Do employees have the right to get paid for performing a job and when there is less business to attend to, they can think up a profitable idea with which to compete against their employer, then quit and start a rival business?

I think any employer has to be a little on his guard against exploitative employees. In China for example, teachers also are officially forbidden from working for a second employer. The schedules might clash with one another or the employee might not get enough sleep. Still lots of Chinese teachers moonlight, often with their colleagues knowing it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-8 12:50:15 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-8 12:31
Yeah, yeah, yeah, robber barons etc. Are they still alive? They should have gone the way the dinos ...

re:   This has to change, and the imminent trade war certainly will give the Chinese an incentive to reform themselves.

Not the Chinese need to reform themselves,  but the US must do so or they are left with their big 'stick attitude'.  The carrots rotted away a long time ago   I don't understand how you could get it so wrong...

Here's a good example for you;
Even little Ghana stands up to Washington to set up a military base.
The president, Nana Akufo-Addo confirmed that Ghana will not offer a military base to the United States of America.

Critics say the military base undermines the country's sovereignty.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-8 12:50:50 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-7 20:38
E, Boob, how is the situation over in N Korea? Do employees have the right to get paid for perform ...

What do teachers in China have to do with US companies stealing IP from their employees?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-8 13:00:08 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-8 12:50
What do teachers in China have to do with US companies stealing IP from their employees?

Can't you read English?

Aren't TEACHDERS even in nominally communist China EMPLOYEES?????

There, Booby - a clear pointer to you. Next time take a minute longer before you hit the keyboard. Better not hit it. Your post will only cause consternation and confusion.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.