Author: knox1234

Is “technology theft” the reason of US tariffs, or just an excuse?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-4-6 19:26:56 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-6 12:58
Technology theft or intellectual property theft is part and parcel to the workplace in the US.
Every ...

US tech companies steal the intellectual property rights from their own companies by “outsourcing” the IPRs to offshore tax havens.

Here’s how Apple does it:

E60FD901-1846-49AD-A8A5-C4BEA2E5186B.jpeg

Apple Sales International (Ireland) gets the IPRs from Apple Inc. (USA).
ASI then pays Foxconn, TSMC, Samsung, etc. to manufacture the iPhones in China.
ASI then sells the iPhones globally while paying little to no taxes on its profits.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-7 06:25:59 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-6 05:58
Technology theft or intellectual property theft is part and parcel to the workplace in the US.
Every ...

what can we expect from robber barons and the outlaw cowboys off spring ???
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-7 06:40:32 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-6 12:58
Every ...

As usual, you are wrong.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-7 06:41:32 |Display all floors
Here's your 50 cents.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-7 11:09:53 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2018-4-6 14:40
As usual, you are wrong.

What I wrote is correct. Maybe you aren't familiar with employment practices in the US.
Your ignorance is not my fault.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-7 23:33:16 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-7 11:09
What I wrote is correct. Maybe you aren't familiar with employment practices in the US.
Your ignor ...

So you're trying to tell us that the pimply-nosed kid that cleans the fry vats on the night shift at McDonald's, and the mother that fillets fish at a processing plant, and the guy who sorts your empty beer cans at the recycling depot, all fill out Non-disclosure forms, and sign over any rights to patents, to their employer, are you?

You said, and I quote,

"Every employee has to sign an agreement before they will be hired that states that any
ideas, devices, technology, or so forth (in legal mumbo jumbo) will automatically belong
to the company."

Only those who work in and around research facilities, places of higher learning, high-tech companies, and the US military need to sign non-disclosures, and sign over research ideas/rights/patents/inventions. This is also done in China, BTW. Hon Lik, re-inventor of the electronic cigarette, had to sign over his patents to the parent company, Ru Yuan. He did not get one red cent for his invention.

I stand by what I said. Your generalization that EVERYONE who is employed in the United States has to give up research ideas/rights/patents/inventions is blatantly false, not to mention ludicrous.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-8 11:57:31 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2018-4-7 07:33
So you're trying to tell us that the pimply-nosed kid that cleans the fry vats on the night shift  ...

Now you are reaching.

I assumed the reader would know signing over all your rights to your ideas and inventions would apply
to companies that were interested in stealing technology from their employees, not service workers.
Sorry my post was too complicated for you to figure out but I can't write for the lowest common
denominator just so people like you can understand.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.