Author: parcher

Advice for Jet Lag? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-4-8 14:19:15 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2018-4-4 16:01
After a lifetime of flying around the world here's my tips.

When on the aircraft wear loose fitting ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-8 14:24:49 |Display all floors
After flights from Honolulu to Portland, Oregon and back than to Honolulu with two little girls on to Beijing than to Guiyang all at once in coach I found at my age I cannot take it anymore. Next time will be at least business class.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-4-8 16:49:37 |Display all floors
DMZappa Post time: 2018-4-8 14:24
After flights from Honolulu to Portland, Oregon and back than to Honolulu with two little girls on t ...

i bet
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-4-9 02:06:53 |Display all floors
DMZappa Post time: 2018-4-8 14:24
After flights from Honolulu to Portland, Oregon and back than to Honolulu with two little girls on t ...

I always fly business or 1st class.  Cattle class just doesn't cut it for me unless I'm getting the hell out of a country in a hurry (eg impending war, insurrection, coup etc).
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-9 11:29:58 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2018-4-9 02:06
I always fly business or 1st class.  Cattle class just doesn't cut it for me unless I'm getting th ...

Countries where a war is looming should be avoided by the international travelers. If you find yourself in a country where a putsch occurred or an epidemic suddenly strikes, let local children and women board first. Foreign males board in the cargo class if at all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-9 11:52:41 |Display all floors
Drink lots and lots of water during the long flight, but stay away from alcohol and caffeine. Take a relaxing hot shower and then sleep for a long, long time. I found that if I can manage to stay in bed for 15 to 20 hours I’ll feel no jet lag afterwards.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-4-9 19:44:34 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-9 11:29
Countries where a war is looming should be avoided by the international travelers. If you find you ...

Not all travellers can do that. I've been caught up in a number of vicious wars, but it was an occupational hazard and one that can turn very ugly.  Wars per se don't worry me, but a coupe can be really nasty to get out of, especially in Africa and other parts of the less developed world.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.