Views: 13188|Replies: 62

Advice for Jet Lag? [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-4-4 03:43:20 |Display all floors
One of greatest and most useful threads ever posted.. Any frequent international travellers here? its 3 30 am and still awake after returning from china 6 days ago. This is the worst jet lag i have had. What ever they gave me at the local chemist did nothing. How do you deal with jet lag? experts say flying through different time zones is why we suffer, but little advice is there to help us...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-4-4 03:45:48 |Display all floors
They wont hand out sleeping pills in china i am told for jet lag
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-4 04:00:23 |Display all floors
a bottle of Baijiu works
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-4-4 07:24:27 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2018-4-4 04:00
a bottle of Baijiu works

a bottle every night ?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-4 13:50:24 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-4-4 03:45
They wont hand out sleeping pills in china i am told for jet lag

I used to think jet lag is horrible and will ruin my days but I can now fly between Hong Kong and Paris and back without any major adjustments.

There is no secret to it. I sleep when my body requires sleep and I am awake when it cannot sleep. Of course, having a soft schedule of things I need to do helps. I am in no rush, taking any appointments at 8 a.m. sharp in either city.

One little piece of advice: I never sleep with curtains drawn. I like daylight to run my schedule. It helps a lot!

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-4-4 16:01:01 |Display all floors
After a lifetime of flying around the world here's my tips.

When on the aircraft wear loose fitting clothes.  Drink lots of water and avoid alcohol and too much tea or coffee.

Depending on the number of timezones you've traversed it's often wise to get to the hotel and get 2 hours or so of sleep, then get up and have a day of meetings or exploring the new city etc. Go to bed at the normal time (eg 11pm local time). Don't sleep based on your home timezone.  

A hot shower or bath will help you to sleep in most cases.  When I arrive in a location I normally get to the hotel, have a quick shower, 2 hours sleep and then it's off out till mid evening.  Then back, have a long shower or hot bath, a drink and then read a book and sleep at my normal bed time.  Next morning there's little or no jet lag.

There are sometimes jet lag is unavoidable due to connecting flights and ground travel.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-4-4 16:44:35 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2018-4-4 16:01
After a lifetime of flying around the world here's my tips.

When on the aircraft wear loose fitting ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.